Did you buy your christmas decoration yet?

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Did you buy your christmas decoration yet?

Postby chi chi » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:49 pm

We are only october but half october Christmas decoration and trees are on sale all over the country.

The big places like Tottus, Sodimac etc. allready have departments full of balls, trees and father christmasses for sale.

Suncha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Did you buy your christmas decoration yet?

Postby Suncha » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:04 pm

We're is the cheapest place to get a tree? Do they sell live trees in Lima? I just hate to dish out 150-200$ for a Christmas tree and deco. But we have kiddos and have to do a tree.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:37 pm

Suncha wrote:We're is the cheapest place to get a tree? Do they sell live trees in Lima? I just hate to dish out 150-200$ for a Christmas tree and deco. But we have kiddos and have to do a tree.

Wait till a week before christmas to buy your deco and tree. It will be much cheaper. Those stores are now full of christmas stuff and people buy impulsively. In the 2 weeks before christmas, most people allready bought their christmas deco so shops will sell their deco very cheaply to get rid of it.

What sense does it make anyway allready putting a christmas tree in October??? It's the same as leaving your christmas deco hanging and tree standing till March.
LDX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby LDX » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:08 pm

chi chi wrote:
Suncha wrote:We're is the cheapest place to get a tree? Do they sell live trees in Lima? I just hate to dish out 150-200$ for a Christmas tree and deco. But we have kiddos and have to do a tree.

What sense does it make anyway allready putting a christmas tree in October??? It's the same as leaving your christmas deco hanging and tree standing till March.

We used to do that... :oops:

AFAIK no live trees here.... Unless u cut one by urself
there is an interesting show in the center of lima every year
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue0-nNL9SbM
U might take that chance to go and see what is on sale there
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:50 pm

LDX wrote:AFAIK no live trees here.... Unless u cut one by urself

That's a good thing. To many trees are killed each year worldwide just because people want to put them in their home for a week or three.

The other bad thing is that people often give dogs, cats or other animals as a present. The person getting such a present often doesn't know how to handle an animal or the 'Christmas love' is over after a few weeks and those animals get dumped on the street or end up in an asylum.
fewer

Postby fewer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Before Christmas, I host a party for our kids and all their friends. We love to make a mess while decorating gingerbread houses.

Happy Christmas to all of you in advance
phyllis.penney

Postby phyllis.penney » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:27 am

For three years, I have purchased a live tree ( Norfork Pine or Lemon cedar) in one of the flower markets in Barranco. There are two one has more flowers & the other has more plants. I get the tree live in the pot. After Christmas the first year we gave one to an apartment complex where my boyfriend's mom lives which was planted near the entrance. The next two years we donated our trees in January to the Park accross the street from us. We enoy watching their growth & the gardners for this district take good care of them. I enoy having a real tree that is live & can provide oxygen to our home & then to the city after the holidays. The trees are not as full as the types in the stste but we rig a hook in the ceiling with wires haning down & around the outside of the branches to make it appear more full.
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby woodchuck » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:08 pm

Many of the bigger stores have 3X1 or even 4X1.
If you purchase nice items, you can give as presents.
Always looking for bargains to stretch the budget.
Slippin' Jimmy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:28 pm

Best time to buy Christmas stuff is after Christmas.
Huge markdowns.
“When you’re in, you’re in.” —
Ignacio Varga
glegrand
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby glegrand » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:11 am

I hope everyone had a great Christmas :lol: Mine was Awesome!
6672Kevin

Postby 6672Kevin » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:46 am

Yes a very good thanks ! But I didnt bought any christmas tree. Am I the only one ? :oops:
glegrand
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby glegrand » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:03 pm

6672Kevin wrote:Yes a very good thanks ! But I didnt bought any christmas tree. Am I the only one ? :oops:

Well, I got lucky - someone gifted me a Christmas Tree :D .

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register