Renodante

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
Kelly

Renodante

Postby Kelly » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:42 pm

I wanted to post to say goodbye to our forum member, Renodante, or Bill, as was his name 'in real life'. He passed away over the previous weekend.

I'll miss him very much - he was an incredibly smart and cynical guy with a dark sense of humor that I greatly appreciated. I enjoyed many chats with him on Faceook, and will miss his acerbic wit.

He'd probably mock me for a sentimental idiot for posting this, but I cared too much for him to let it go unnoticed.

ExpatPeruMods
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Renodante

Postby ExpatPeruMods » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:38 pm

Thank you Kelly for posting such kind words. Renodante was a great member of our forum for a long time and we are all saddened by this loss, Bill will be greatly missed.
metal moth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby metal moth » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:38 pm

RIP Reno.
Any link to an obit?
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Rest in Peace.
What happened ? We chit chat on the forum but if a member actually passes away, that is something else.

I wish all the best for his family !
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:55 pm

RIP!
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:51 am

I don't really have any other information, just a contact from his mother telling me had passed. I was friends with him on FB, so she sent me a message to let me know.
caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby caliguy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:48 am

sad news indeed. :(
even though i havent met 99.9% of the expats here on this forum, i still feel some kind of connection with you all. my sincere condolences for his family.....
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
tomsax
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tomsax » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:56 pm

That is very sad news.

I always enjoyed reading Renodates posts. They showed great intelligence as well as humour. There could be a serious side to his posts but even then his Joie de Vivre would tend to shine through.

He sent me some friendly PMs but I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person. I think the last thing he said to one of my posts was "Awesome". Really it should have been me saying that to his posts and I won't now have the chance to put that right.

Perhaps because of the vitality of his posts I always thought he was a young guy so it is even more of a shock.

I hope that the family are able to read some of the comments on this thread.
Tom
rama0929
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rama0929 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:01 pm

A shame. Surprising.

Any updates?
SilverbackPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SilverbackPeru » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:18 pm

Despite not being a member for long on this forum or really knowing any one from here, it is a shame to hear about Renodante. His posts regularly brightened up the forum and made for interesting reading and his posts were in most threads.

My sympathies go out to his family and friends and i hope that his posts on this forum will bring to those who were close to him some comfort if ever they read them.

R.I.P

Renodante
alchemist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby alchemist » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:06 pm

Had a brief exchange about spirituality with Bill, the content of his message was enough for him to come across as a thoughtful and considerate person, an indication of the "spiritual" value of a human being.

For those of us who believe in an afterlife and the paranormal, Bill, that may include some members of your family, don't hesitate to give us a "sign".
“Why it's simply impassible!
Alice: Why, don't you mean impossible?
Door: No, I do mean impassible. (chuckles) Nothing's impossible!”

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register