La Lena in Pueblo Libre

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
calygirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

La Lena in Pueblo Libre

Postby calygirl » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Anyone been to this restaurant? I saw a review on TV on Saturday and it really looked interesting. It's a parrilla restaurant and the ribs looked fantastic. The owner and chef was trained at the Culinary Institute of America in Napa, which is an outstanding culinary school. We'll be going within the next month or so, and I'll give a review.

edgeclinger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: La Lena in Pueblo Libre

Postby edgeclinger » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:58 am

This sounds interesting. Have you checked it out yet?
Loving Living in Lima
calygirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: La Lena in Pueblo Libre

Postby calygirl » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:07 pm

Yes, we finally made it there a few weeks ago. We ordered the pulpo a la parilla as a appetizer, which was good. There were four of us, so we ordered the parrilla for four with an excellent piece of steak, chicken, sausages, pork chop, and beef sweetbreads. My husband was somewhat disappointed that the sweetbreads were beef and not chicken, but I don't eat them anyway, so it didn't matter to me. We also orderd the barbequed ribs, which were wonderful, great sauce. On the pricey side, but worth it
https://www.facebook.com/lalenachicken

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register