American Lemons in Wong!!

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
nicolcita

American Lemons in Wong!!

Postby nicolcita » Sun May 05, 2013 5:09 pm

One of the things I miss most from home is my style lemonade! Just a bit sweeter!! And today I went to Wong and found them!! I bought a whole bag! Hope they are planning to sell them all the time! Just wanted to share!

chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: American Lemons in Wong!!

Postby chi chi » Mon May 06, 2013 11:46 am

What's difference between an American lemon and a Peruvian one?
When I lived (illegally) in the US, I always bought lemons at the local latina store and the lemons were the same.
Josh2U
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Josh2U » Mon May 06, 2013 1:06 pm

Lemons are the size of a medium apple and yellow. A lime is about a quarter the size if a lemon and green.
calygirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby calygirl » Mon May 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Lemons are different than limons here in Peru. As mentioned, they are larger and bright yellow. Also available in the US are Limes, smaller, dark green and slightly less bitter than lemon. Vodka tonics typically include lime slices as a garnish.
Key Limes are the nearest US relative to the Peruvian limon. Key Limes are smaller than regular limes and slightly lighter in color than limes.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Mon May 06, 2013 7:24 pm

Josh2U wrote:Lemons are the size of a medium apple and yellow. A lime is about a quarter the size if a lemon and green.

Oh, those. They aren't typical American lemons. They sell them all over Europe too and most of them come from Spain.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register