LEY # 28683

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1195
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 3:39 pm
Location: Surquillo

LEY # 28683

Postby Philipc4u59 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:52 am

This is the designation for the PREFERENCIA lines at many businesses; I think the idea is GREAT!
I have only been away from the US for 15 months; but I can't remember as many businesses doing this.
My problem is that - businesses don't always ENFORCE this law:

* Disability (picture of a wheel chair)
* Senior citizen (picture of a person with a cane)
* Pregnancy (picture of a fetus in a womb - cute)
* People with young children

All too often, I see people that don't conform to the above categories; using these designated lines.
It happens a lot at the super markets; the banks are very good at enforcing.

Should I voice my being UPSET, that some people are flaunting the LAW? Should I complain to management for allowing this behavior? Is this something that is just not considered important in Peru? Enlighten me!

Certainly glad that my 62 years on this planet qualify me to LEGALLY use these lines,
Philip :roll:


User avatar
Arroz con Pollo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 813
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:19 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby Arroz con Pollo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:54 pm

RAISE HELL MAN OR MAYBE YOU SHOULD START AN OCCUPY PLAZA VEA CAMPAIGN!!!!
User avatar
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Location: Peru
Contact:

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby sbaustin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:04 pm

if someone is in front of you and is not old or incapacitated you should just butt in front of them. This is generally how it is done here and I've seen older people do this several times at grocery stores.

Otherwise I think you could do as Mr. Pollo suggests to try and change public opinion.
Hitoruna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:12 am

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby Hitoruna » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:39 pm

you just have to face another direction, act "solapa" (another homework for you guys :lol: ) and say "Oe, la cola! la cola!"
then act like if it was not you who said that.... :mrgreen:
User avatar
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 3350
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Pimentel Beach-Chiclayo- Sanford NC
Contact:

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby tupacperu » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:16 am

I was in line in a bank (Lima), a lady had a 5 year old kid in a carriage and wanted to jump the line. lol
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Arequipa

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby ironchefchris » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:15 pm

I can't stop laughing at yet another irony filled post.

So you are UPSET because there are people flagrantly flaunting (Verb: Display (something) ostentatiously, esp. in order to provoke envy or admiration or to show defiance) a law and you have a problem because it is not being enforced and these people aren't conforming to the law. The GALL of some people!

Do you see the irony/hypocrisy of your being UPSET when OTHERS disregard the rules (established for the common good) but have no problem disregarding the rules (of this forum) yourself, even when others politely inform you of the rudeness of your infractions?

Pot, meet kettle. Or, what goes around comes around. Karma? Golden Rule? Matthew 7:12?

By all means, run and complain to management for allowing this behavior. May you have better luck then the people who continually inform you of your flaunting the rules here on this forum and who have tried addressing you directly instead of complaining to management/moderators.
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1195
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 3:39 pm
Location: Surquillo

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby Philipc4u59 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:55 pm

IMO, I an NOT breaching the rules of this forum - or I would have been reprimanded or banned.
I try to bring to the attention of other expats; experiences that I "live & observe" here in Peru.
I don't see much (if any value) to your comments; but you are welcome to voice them.

Philip :roll:
User avatar
gringito
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby gringito » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:55 pm

@Phil:
Complain - if your moral courage and/or conviction wish to do so!
However, expect that Peruvians will tell you that they did it ALWAYS this way, i.e. ignoring the law.
Some may even feel upset.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:07 am

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby teamoperu » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Philipc4u59 wrote:T...

All too often, I see people that don't conform to the above categories; using these designated lines.
It happens a lot at the super markets; the banks are very good at enforcing.

Should I voice my being UPSET, that some people are flaunting the LAW? Should I complain to management for allowing this behavior? Is this something that is just not considered important in Peru? Enlighten me!

Certainly glad that my 62 years on this planet qualify me to LEGALLY use these lines,
Philip :roll:


“Should I voice my being UPSET, that some people are flaunting the LAW?” Like above: pot, meet kettle.

So that person you judge to be OK upsets you and you want to complain to management? Maybe that person, in his mid-sixties and looks like a fit 55 year old, has had two heart attacks, resulting in stent implants, a third artery (the “widow maker”) currently almost 70% blocked. He is on statins, heart meds, diabetic meds, blood thinners. His doctor has told him to rest while walking up stairs, not to carry his own luggage, limit time standing. That person you are glaring at and who upsets you just by looking, knows his own medical condition. You, you know squat.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:10 pm
Location: Arequipa

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby ironchefchris » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:33 pm

Philipc4u59 wrote:IMO, I an NOT breaching the rules of this forum - or I would have been reprimanded or banned.
I try to bring to the attention of other expats; experiences that I "live & observe" here in Peru.
I don't see much (if any value) to your comments; but you are welcome to voice them.

Philip :roll:


The Forum Rules state -

* Please try to respect the writing conventions as much as possible (spelling, punctuation, capitalization, grammar, and paragraphing). For example, THE OVERUSE OF CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY IS CONSIDERED AS SHOUTING; Randomly Using CAPITAL letters IN a Phrase IS Annoying, Because It does NOT Stimulate the Readability Of the Content.

I don't agree with your logic on what constitutes breaching the rules of the forum. You may not be banned or reprimanded, but that does not mean that you are not breaching the rules - only that you haven't been reprimanded or banned for doing so. Because someone who robs a house isn't reprimanded for doing so does not mean that he is not a thief who has broken the law - just that he hasn't been reprimanded for his actions. Maybe I'm missing something. Can you explain EXACTLY how it is that you are not breaching the rules by your regular use of random CAPS? What is your interpretation of the above stated rule? I myself think being banned is a little harsh and wouldn't want to see that happen. Maybe the mods are hoping that the members of the forum will police themselves and, like good netizens, voluntarily abide by the rules established for the good of ALL members. It's not asking much for forum members to abide by simple rules that exist for a reason - in this case the reason being that the random use of caps "does NOT Stimulate the Readibility Of The Content." Have you even read the links addressed specifically to you provided by another member in the BARKING thread that explains why the use of CAPS makes reading content more difficult? Why is it that you only seem to respect the opinions of the mods, but not the opinions of your fellow expat forum members? In the neighborhoods you've lived in, do you only respect the opinion of the police while ignoring the opinions of your neighbors?

On the topic of the problem that is currently upsetting you, I think you've been offered some good advice by some of the other expats. I hope it works out to your satisfaction.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:07 am

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby teamoperu » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:36 pm

Philipc4u59 wrote:IMO, I an NOT breaching the rules of this forum - or I would have been reprimanded or banned.
I try to bring to the attention of other expats; experiences that I "live & observe" here in Peru.
I don't see much (if any value) to your comments; but you are welcome to voice them.

Philip :roll:


Yes, you are breaking the forum guidelines. Go to the first page and click on Forum Guidelines. You will find them tthere. I will quote the relevant section:

“ Please try to respect the writing conventions as much as possible (spelling, punctuation, capitalization, grammar, and paragraphing). For example, THE OVERUSE OF CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY IS CONSIDERED AS SHOUTING; Randomly Using CAPITAL letters IN a Phrase IS Annoying, Because It does NOT Stimulate the Readability Of the Content.”

It also states by posting you agree to abide by the guidelines.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:07 am

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby teamoperu » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:42 am

Philipc4u59 wrote:This is the designation for the PREFERENCIA lines at many businesses; I think the idea is GREAT!
I have only been away from the US for 15 months; but I can't remember as many businesses doing this.
My problem is that - businesses don't always ENFORCE this law:

* Disability (picture of a wheel chair)
* Senior citizen (picture of a person with a cane)
* Pregnancy (picture of a fetus in a womb - cute)
* People with young children

All too often, I see people that don't conform to the above categories; using these designated lines.
It happens a lot at the super markets; the banks are very good at enforcing.

Should I voice my being UPSET, that some people are flaunting the LAW? Should I complain to management for allowing this behavior? Is this something that is just not considered important in Peru? Enlighten me!

Certainly glad that my 62 years on this planet qualify me to LEGALLY use these lines,
Philip :roll:


Actually the law is less clear about an exact age, but it is mostly agreed that age would be 65? years old. You state you are 62. It might well be you are not permitted to use the Priority Line if that is accurate. But regardless the intent of the law is clear, if you need to use the line then do so. It relies on self-policing and community good, concepts that you cannot understand if the SHoUTingDeBAte is any example. Even if you are of age the intent of the law would be if you are physically or mentally capable use the other line and let those in need of it use it more easily. I assume you are physically capable of using the normal line because you feel physically strong enough to threaten people with physical violence. You are after a big strong AMERICAN football player. It would be odd that someone who beats people up, as you say you will do, needs the priority line. But perhaps you have some mental disability that would entitle you use the line that we don't know about?
Last edited by teamoperu on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 827
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:58 pm
Location: Lima, Peru

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby argidd » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:48 am

The law says an elderly person is 60 and above. It is not stated in that particular law, but there is another article that determines "elderly".
Regards,

Argidd
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:07 am

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby teamoperu » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:13 am

argidd wrote:The law says an elderly person is 60 and above. It is not stated in that particular law, but there is another article that determines "elderly".


Ah, thanks for the clarification, I didn't think it was in 28683. Reading that law talks more about intent than definitions. Do you happen to know where that other article can be found?
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1195
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 3:39 pm
Location: Surquillo

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby Philipc4u59 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:36 am

My comments and post are about my observations of an INCIDENT happening in Peru.
I usually don´t use these lines, but would like to do so if needed.

Philip :roll:
PS ' yes, I have been blessed with a strong physical pressence
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 827
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:58 pm
Location: Lima, Peru

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby argidd » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:01 pm

teamoperu wrote:
argidd wrote:The law says an elderly person is 60 and above. It is not stated in that particular law, but there is another article that determines "elderly".


Ah, thanks for the clarification, I didn't think it was in 28683. Reading that law talks more about intent than definitions. Do you happen to know where that other article can be found?


You're welcome.
http://www.congreso.gob.pe/ntley/Imagen ... /28803.pdf
Scroll down to where it says "Ley 28803"
Regards,

Argidd
User avatar
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 2057
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:46 pm
Location: Peru
Contact:

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby sbaustin » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:04 pm

These establishments that have these preferential lines also have a person sitting there doing nothing so they in general allow anyone to use the lines as long as there isn't an elderly or incapacitated person waiting otherwise this would be a huge burden for any business to maintain an employee whose job is to wait all day for an old person that may or may not enter. I think it would be rather ridiculous to complain unless there are elderly or incapacitated waiting for a normal person in those lines.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1709
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:07 am

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby teamoperu » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:16 pm

argidd wrote:
teamoperu wrote:
argidd wrote:The law says an elderly person is 60 and above. It is not stated in that particular law, but there is another article that determines "elderly".


Ah, thanks for the clarification, I didn't think it was in 28683. Reading that law talks more about intent than definitions. Do you happen to know where that other article can be found?


You're welcome.
http://www.congreso.gob.pe/ntley/Imagen ... /28803.pdf
Scroll down to where it says "Ley 28803"


Thanks. I checked it out. Can I impose again with a another question? I looked there too for definition of pregnant. Yeah, yeah, before you some fun with me, I did get the birds and bees talk from my father. But early in the pregnancy is different from carrying the load at 9 months. I can see a DNI can prove age, but how to prove pregnancy? Like when people of OP's ilk get upset (quote “UPSET”) and go to snitch to management because someone is in the wrong line and because he sees no baby bump? Sure it might be a mid-term pregnant lady with morning sickness, standing in line in the morning, but how would management appease this upset American (quote “CONSUMER ADVOCATE”). How could she prove she is pregnant so as not to get nasty glares from folks who think they can assess people's medical situation or pregnancy status by just looking? I think that is why #88683 just speaks about intent, not definitions: use the line if you need it and do not be like some who would use it just because they can legally use it (quote “LEGALLY”) so as to avoid clogging it up and slowing it up for those who do need it.

To the OP, if you are in the priority line, why? You do not need it. You said in another post you do not use it.*

If you are in the normal line, why would you want to go and whine to management about someone in the priority line?

And what is so upsetting (quote “UPSET”) to you if the person was not in front of you in the priority line?


*(After all, you are a big strong American football player who threatens to beat the crap out of anyone who disagrees).
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1195
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 3:39 pm
Location: Surquillo

Re: LEY # 28683

Postby Philipc4u59 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:15 pm

Teamoperu,

As usual, YOU ARE INCORRECT!
The law says 60 is considered elderly; yet you "flap your mouth" and comment that it is 65?
I would suggest you do more research before issuing such uninformed statements.

Based on your health evaluation, it appears you are UPSET WITH YOUR LIFE; maybe you would be less upset if you were RESPECTFUL to others - rule # 2. In the "Old West" if you made statements that defamed another, you best be prepared for a FIGHT (gun; knife, etc.); now we have a more civilized society but "men are still men" and don't accept this type of behavior - hiding behind the "shield" of Internet.

I am sorry you are not in good health; do things to make yourself HAPPY, instead of angry
Philip :roll:

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register