Canning Supplies?

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
mtwilson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Canning Supplies?

Postby mtwilson » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:36 pm

Hello All,

I live in Tarapoto, but I make occasional trips to Lima. I am wondering if anyone knows where to purchase canning supplies? Jars, lids, large and small would be great. If not, maybe you could suggest a reliable mail order source. Done some searching here and on the net, but nothing so far. Any help much appreciated!

Mike

Mike
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Canning Supplies?

Postby Alpineprince » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:21 pm

mtwilson wrote:Hello All,

I live in Tarapoto, but I make occasional trips to Lima. I am wondering if anyone knows where to purchase canning supplies? Jars, lids, large and small would be great. If not, maybe you could suggest a reliable mail order source. Done some searching here and on the net, but nothing so far. Any help much appreciated!

Mike

I have a friend who is doing pickles and he buys his supplies "not in" but around the Surquillo market.
mtwilson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mtwilson » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:25 am

[/quote]
I have a friend who is doing pickles and he buys his supplies "not in" but around the Surquillo market.[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I presume you are referring to mercado #1 and not #2. I guess I'll spend an hour or two roaming around there on my next trip.

How odd that no one seems to can or preserve food here. At least not in ways that are familiar to me ;)
Mike
Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sergio Bernales » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:11 pm

I'm pretty sure I've also seen them in the market around Ovalo Higuereta. Next time I'm down there, I'll have a look and re-post. Makro might also be worth checking out.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register