Breakfast places in Lima

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
katebruder
Silver Member
Silver Member

Breakfast places in Lima

Postby katebruder » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:39 pm

I'm looking for a good place to get breakfast in Lima - preferably an American style breakfast if anybody knows of such a place. We're looking for pancakes, waffles, sausage, bacon, etc... not just the eggs, 1 piece of toast and coffee that most places offer.

Over the years, we've checked out the common places like Haiti on Av. Diagonal but maybe there is a place off the beaten path we don't know about...

Any thoughts?

argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Breakfast places in Lima

Postby argidd » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi Kate

If you want to order, try Mamino, they have an "american" breakfast for like 19 soles, and you can request an additional of pancakes or waffles; San Antonio is also an option. You can also go for a buffet, Marriot, Los Delfines and other big hotels usually offer them on weekends.
Regards,

Argidd
ariel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ariel » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:53 am

argidd wrote:Hi Kate

..try Mamino..

I second that. Try also their empanada.

That place is responsible for the last 5 lbs of excess weight I've recently gained. :D
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:01 am

ariel wrote:
argidd wrote:Hi Kate

..try Mamino..

I second that. Try also their empanada.

That place is responsible for the last 5 lbs of excess weight I've recently gained. :D

Have you tried their salads Ariel?
They have great funky combinations. Their dressings (I suspect) are made with mayo, but if you don't exceed on them you should be fine :lol:
Regards,

Argidd
ariel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ariel » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:01 pm

argidd wrote:Have you tried their salads Ariel?
They have great funky combinations. Their dressings (I suspect) are made with mayo, but if you don't exceed on them you should be fine :lol:

No, I haven't but I will. I'll take your word for it but will probably lay off the mayo. :D I've exceeded the dreaded BMI and diabetes runs in the family.
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:16 pm

There's one with blue cheese and strawberries (among other things), it is reallyyyyy nice. I think that one doesn't need a dressing, or maybe a Little bit of olive oil would help.
But since it has blue cheese, make sure you drink plenty of water and not have too much salt or anything high in sodium that same day...
Regards,

Argidd
victmanu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby victmanu » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:53 pm

You can find the classic american breakfast in chilis
http://chilis.com.pe/es/contenido.php?4 ... /desayunos
maybe the restaurant of the Hilton doubletree of Pardo avenue also has the classic american breakfast
http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels ... index.html

I am sorry if this looks like an advettisement , but i do not work for any of these companies. i just want to be specific about the information.
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:56 pm

The Hotel Melia (salaverry con pershing) has a nice breakfast buffet.
calygirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby calygirl » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:54 pm

Crepes and Waffles in Miraflores has some good breakfast items.
ariel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ariel » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:55 pm

argidd wrote:There's one with blue cheese and strawberries (among other things), it is reallyyyyy nice. I think that one doesn't need a dressing, or maybe a Little bit of olive oil would help.
But since it has blue cheese, make sure you drink plenty of water and not have too much salt or anything high in sodium that same day...

Duly noted with thanks. :) The place is usually packed on Saturday mornings, or at least the one at Conquistadores. Will try the La Molina branch next time we visit my in-laws.
Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sergio Bernales » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:47 am

Some good suggestions, here. I also go to Don Mamino sometimes and they've got a good choice of breakfasts, but they don't have any of these really big American breakfasts with pancakes and the works, so maybe the other places are worth a shot.
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:57 am

I bet we've all bumped into each other at Mamino's without knowing who we were!

Although Mamino does not do the full Works, you can order seperately. I think no Peruvian place will do the full works, unless you go to a buffet.
Regards,

Argidd
Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sergio Bernales » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:01 pm

argidd wrote:I bet we've all bumped into each other at Mamino's without knowing who we were!

Although Mamino does not do the full Works, you can order seperately. I think no Peruvian place will do the full works, unless you go to a buffet.

We probably have. I'm the handsome guy who looks like Don Draper from Mad Men, eating the enormous breakfast.
Tracyrteach
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Tracyrteach » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:25 am

We have found Crepes Y Waffles to be our favorite breakfast place. Nice range of eggs, waffles, pancakes and of course, Crepes. It's also very reasonably priced.
Vivian05

Postby Vivian05 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:21 pm

Nice post !
victmanu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby victmanu » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:46 pm

The Westin Hotel is other expensive option where You´ll find american breakfast with pancakes, waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon and other options.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQACGqbwyRo
victmanu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby victmanu » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:36 pm

It is not an american breakfast but is a new option in Lima for those who like crepes.
Crep'manía is located in Av. Benavides 347 - 2do Piso / Av. Larco 680 interior 7-8/ Calle Tarata 191 Miraflores
Miraflores Lima.
https://www.facebook.com/Crepmania/page_map
http://www.peruthisweek.com/food-intima ... eru-101527

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register