SANTACON in Lima!!!

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
thecohen

SANTACON in Lima!!!

Postby thecohen » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:41 pm

Would anyone be in for this?? I moved here from NYC 2.5 months ago and am now a full time Limeño. Let me know. I would be happy to organize.

If you don't know what Santacon is...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SantaCon
http://nycsantacon.com/

Just look at pictures. Best day of the year...

danjaker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: SANTACON in Lima!!!

Postby danjaker » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:03 pm

.... And people wonder why humanity is going straight downhill
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:56 pm

thecohen wrote: I moved here from NYC 2.5 months ago and am now a full time Limeño.

An incredible transformation.
The only guy I know of who used to post here and enjoyed dressing as Santa left for home ages ago.
thecohen

Postby thecohen » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:35 am

@danjaker -- feel free to not participate. If you don't enjoy festivities, group outings and a general sense of enjoyment and instead prefer an undeservedly condescending attitude then we probably won't get along.

@panman -- hah I love it here and am not leaving any time soon. Let me know if you're interested. I have a bunch of friends that are down -- not planning for a one man show.
gringolandia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gringolandia » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:13 pm

Sounds fun, although it would be completely contradictory to my usual M.O. of not calling attention to myself when walking around Lima..! Might be okay if done in a real safe area. But I still wouldn't let myself get anywhere near as drunk as I would in the US.

A foreigner walking around drunk in a Santa outfit in Lima... what could possibly go wrong?? ;-)

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register