Lima, Sur y Tumbes Surf Sesh?

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
goalie3443
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lima, Sur y Tumbes Surf Sesh?

Postby goalie3443 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:41 am

I am back in the states but thought I would see if there are any other ocean loving types around the forums. I am a complete novice but would be interested to meet up with anyone looking to hang out or hit up the beaches in and around Lima on my next stay. Not sure how quick I will be back but we are trying to get back at some point as we have family in Lima.

Jeffe

http://mochilerosperu.wordpress.com
Peru Budget Travel and Review Blog
goalie3443
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Lima, Sur y Tumbes Surf Sesh?

Postby goalie3443 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:31 pm

I can't believe not a one of you here in the land of the lefts considers yourselves ocean goers....I have yet to be in Peru during their summer and want to know how much it differs from the winter months of July and August?

Is it different in the north like mancora during the peruvian summer too?
Jeffe

http://mochilerosperu.wordpress.com
Peru Budget Travel and Review Blog
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:11 pm

Mancora attracts beach goers year round, while Lima - on the other hand - has only three months of swimsuit weather: January, February and March, though wet suits make surfing a year-round possibility.

I can't speak to how hot it gets in Mancora during the Peruvian summer, but it sure was sweet last time I went in July.

In comparison, a trip to the Oregon coastline last month reminded me just how cool the beaches can be there. I needed to sweater-up in the middle of the day to watch my son surf.
-----
"Hay que distanciarnos hoy para luego abrazarnos más fuerte".
-Guiseppe Conte, primer ministro italiano.
caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby caliguy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:06 pm

i love the ocean. but am a bit inland here in Lima to make it very often. on the occasions that i have been, it's always crowded, and food served everywhere. i live in Los Angeles, and am about a 20 min. drive from Pacific ocean. big difference in scenery.
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:22 pm

Whereabouts on the Oregon coast were you, Alan? Love the Southern, Central, and Northern coasts (best surf) and how each region is different, but it's not lay out in your swimsuit type of beaches, even in summer. I miss surfing.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register