Favorite Panetone?

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Favorite Panetone?

Postby woodchuck » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:08 am

I am still shocked to see as many as 20 different panetone brands in some stores.
What is your favorite; in 2 categories - under 25 soles & above 25 soles?
I realize there are exotic ones, like pisco infused; but just the normal ones for now.
Thanks & have a Merry Christmas! :roll:

Ciberdoc

Re: Favorite Panetone?

Postby Ciberdoc » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:32 pm

I love Donofrio panetone but all panetone above 25 soles are good , each one with a unique taste.
:arrow: Medicine in cyberspace
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby woodchuck » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:24 am

Anyone have any comments on the pisco-infused panetone that is available at some Wong's?
The cost is some 70 soles; for me better to buy a regular panetone & a bottle of pisco.
Thanks. :roll:
FDiH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FDiH » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:48 am

I have tried several different brands this year (and last year). Besides the dried fruit contents, I could not make out a significant difference in terms of quality and taste. Much of a muchness, to be honest. Even difference between cheap (15.-) and expensive (35.-) I found hard to tell.
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:02 pm

FDiH wrote:I have tried several different brands this year (and last year). Besides the dried fruit contents, I could not make out a significant difference in terms of quality and taste. Much of a muchness, to be honest. Even difference between cheap (15.-) and expensive (35.-) I found hard to tell.

What is hard to tell? They are all the tastiest breads you ever had or are they all dog food?
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:56 pm

FDiH wrote:I have tried several different brands this year (and last year). Besides the dried fruit contents, I could not make out a significant difference in terms of quality and taste. Much of a muchness, to be honest. Even difference between cheap (15.-) and expensive (35.-) I found hard to tell.

Little known fact: the fruit (besides the raisins) is often flavored and colored watermelon rind. I agree with you though.. most of the panetons in the same price range seem to taste pretty much the same.. But, i hear a lot of people go on and on about Donofrio, but that just might be nostalgia talking.
-----
"Hay que distanciarnos hoy para luego abrazarnos más fuerte".
-Guiseppe Conte, primer ministro italiano.
asgp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby asgp » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:56 pm

I found something interesting...

The panetón they sell at Wong or Metro supermarkets are manufctured by the same companies who makes other brands... Those two are the best to me, more soft and moist... :roll: It is a taste thingy. And they're not expensive at all :shock:

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register