Best Antique and Classic Cars Collection in Peru

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Best Antique and Classic Cars Collection in Peru

Postby Wiracocha » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:37 pm

G'day Windy,

Had a look at your video...WOW!!...I have never ever seen such a beaut collection of restored cars in my life.
The antique cars are a marvel...the restoration process would certainly be expensive,extensive and a labour of love !!
Would be kinda interesting to know where they purchased the "wrecks" from,eh?!!

Thanks for posting that.

Cheers,
W
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Hello Wira, The collection belongs to Jorge Nicolini, the owner of a renowned brand of spaghetti in Peru, this guy has been restoring antique classic cars since decades ago.

I like the 50's cars as the Chevrolet Bel Air 1955 ! ! was restoring a car like that abroad, but never ended. Sold in the middle of the process, before going back to Peru

Getting an old car for restoration is the most patient process ever done. Options are online advertising or in the provinces.
bigdaddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bigdaddy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:27 pm

windsportinperu wrote:Hello Wira, The collection belongs to Jorge Nicolini, the owner of a renowned brand of spaghetti in Peru, this guy has been restoring antique classic cars since decades ago.

I like the 50's cars as the Chevrolet Bel Air 1955 ! ! was restoring a car like that abroad, but never ended. Sold in the middle of the process, before going back to Peru

Getting an old car for restoration is the most patient process ever done. Options are online advertising or in the provinces.

He should try to build a replica of the 1956 Chrysler Norseman since the one and only is rusting away in the belly of the Andrea Doria.
Large and in charge!
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:31 pm

windsportinperu wrote:Hello Wira, The collection belongs to Jorge Nicolini, the owner of a renowned brand of spaghetti in Peru, this guy has been restoring antique classic cars since decades ago.

It's a really great collection. Too bad it's a little out of the way, but still, it's worth the drive out there. There was one car that was unique in the world, and a few others that were part of only a handful of survivors.

I was told that Nicollini bought up a lot of cars from people who lost everything during the land reform. He was the right guy, in the right place, at the right time.
-----
"Hay que distanciarnos hoy para luego abrazarnos más fuerte".
-Guiseppe Conte, primer ministro italiano.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register