Tablo 4-Tuner Digital Video Recorder [DVR]

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
JUSH

Tablo 4-Tuner Digital Video Recorder [DVR]

Postby JUSH » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:40 pm

For sale $150 or Trade (similar value item)

Tablo 4-Tuner Digital Video Recorder [DVR] for Over-The-Air [OTA]
Is a cable cutter option to watch TV and video record your favorite shows in the USA or Canada.

This DVR only works for USA and/or Canada. So, if you are living or going back to USA or Canada, this is a great item for you to avoid expensive cable fees while giving you a nice interface to watch local channels and allows for recording using the DVR function. I bought it in Ebay during Christmas, yet I had no idea this item would only work in the USA and Canada.

call me if you are interested Javier 981251629
Last edited by JUSH on Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tablo 4-Tuner Digital Video Recorder [DVR]

Postby jumpinjack » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:07 am

JUSH wrote: I had no idea this item would only work in the USA and Canada.

Oops. Roku is a better option, anyway. Looks like your thing requires a subscription fee.
theunwinder

Postby theunwinder » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:51 pm

Oh wow, this is such a deal! I saw this Tablo model on Amazon and it has excellent reviews. I don't need one but a good deal for someone who does!
JUSH

Postby JUSH » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:29 pm

jumpinjack wrote:

Oops. Roku is a better option, anyway. Looks like your thing requires a subscription fee.

Yes, I use all of them Roku, Amazon Fire stick and Apple TV. But Tablo does something very different, it takes local channels from any plain antenna and makes it accesible through your roku/amazon/Apple tv device using the Tablo app to watch life and recorded TV shows (It has a DVR function too).

It is an awsome product, yet its only avaible for ATSC antennas (US and Canada TVs) and Peru uses the NTSC standard so it does not work here.
JUSH

Postby JUSH » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:31 pm

theunwinder wrote:Oh wow, this is such a deal! I saw this Tablo model on Amazon and it has excellent reviews. I don't need one but a good deal for someone who does!

I know, I was hoping to use it here in Peru. :)
JUSH

Postby JUSH » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:35 pm

jumpinjack wrote:

By the way, you have two options:

1. If you subscribe you get the TV Guide Interface (Very nice guide with detail description and images) Simliar to buying the TV guide back in the days.
2. If you dont subscribe and want to use it 100 Percent FREE, you can use the free interface TV Guide already included. The plain interface works just fine and is free.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register