Coronavirus, Peru and the Positive Reaction of Peruvians vs Europe

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Coronavirus, Peru and the Positive Reaction of Peruvians vs Europe

Postby windsportinperu » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:39 pm

The Government has taken Fast and Smart Decision to stop the Sickness to spread rapidly

First was cancelled the assistance to Schools and Universities. It is been cancelled all Flight from Europe. It is been limited the Mass Congregation of People everywhere: Parties, Music Festivals, Sports, Churches, Public Places as Grocery Stores, etc.

But what amaze me, is the reaction of the Peruvians themselves. They are informing one to another. A lot of spanish information arrive to my cellphone day by day and hour by hour. The People has taken the Sickness very seriously. Right Now, no Mass amont of People on the Streets of Lima.

There is no Forced Quarantine, but Most of Peruvians has considered to Stay at home and do not expose themselves to the Sickness.

Italy and Italians underestimate Coronavirus and now they are the main Focus for the Virus in the World

While some cases of Coronavirus was announced in Spain, Fernando Simon, The main Director and Coordinator of Alerts and Sanitary Emergencies said that if people wants to make a Public Manifestaions, so it is their own decision, after that, the Sickness exploded

69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Coronavirus, Peru and the Positive Reaction of Peruvians vs Europe

Postby 69roadrunner » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:42 pm

It is nothing but mass hysteria. You wanna know why Italy has such a high number of cases? The most aged population in Europe (very few young people get it by the way) most importantly Italy's population travels to China and vice versa, than any other western country. Another country with a lot of contact with China is Iran and guess what? They are right behind Italy in cases.
Spain is on par with other European countries at 1/4 the infections in Italy.
In years past flu has infected and killed many more than this latest virus.
Relax!! Nothing but an excuse to take off from school and work, lol
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:05 pm

69roadrunner wrote:It is nothing but mass hysteria. You wanna know why Italy has such a high number of cases? The most aged population in Europe (very few young people get it by the way) most importantly Italy's population travels to China and vice versa, than any other western country. Another country with a lot of contact with China is Iran and guess what? They are right behind Italy in cases.
Spain is on par with other European countries at 1/4 the infections in Italy.
In years past flu has infected and killed many more than this latest virus.
Relax!! Nothing but an excuse to take off from school and work, lol

Or we could listen to the experts who say that the risk is real and the time to act is now. Besides, in cases like this, it is better to err on the side of caution. Take it easy, expats, and take care, too. Especially you older folk with pre-existing conditions. Isolate socially for a while. In the words of the Italian Prime Minister who said "Hay que distanciarnos hoy para luego abrazarnos más fuerte", which means: We should distance ourselves today in order to later embrace stronger.
-----
"Hay que distanciarnos hoy para luego abrazarnos más fuerte".
-Guiseppe Conte, primer ministro italiano.
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:58 pm

What 'experts'? Seems there are only governments dictating. Name an 'expert'. lol
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:13 pm

69roadrunner wrote:What 'experts'? Seems there are only governments dictating. Name an 'expert'. lol

I like your optimism and hope you are right.
-----
MarcoPE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby MarcoPE » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:52 am

Yes, I understand being cautious, but what Vizcarra did today is unacceptable and not very well thought out. Jorge Chavez now is a mess of people all together trying to get out and I imagine there are many Peruvians in the US and other places trying to get back. This policy, issued on a Sunday, allows absolutely no room for planning whatsoever, the airlines are on the spot with a crazy logistics problem, workers are on the spot. It seems we skipped cautious social distancing and hygiene practices and went straight to tyranny. I am not saying the policy is bad in itself, but it should have been given at least 36-48 hours for implementation.

While I'm at it. Over the past two weeks, I have received info about Covid-19 from every single agency and store, etc., I do business with in the United States: banks, investment firms, airlines, tripadvisor, orbitz, travelocity, grocery stores, etc....Here in Peru, not a single word from any of the banks I deal with, not a single word from my health insurance provider; just a single text this morning (Sunday, March 16th) from the minister of health telling me to wash my hands for 20 seconds....THAT IS IT.
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Formidable 1 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:24 am

MarcoPE wrote:
Here in Peru, not a single word from any of the banks I deal with, not a single word from my health insurance provider; just a single text this morning (Sunday, March 16th) from the minister of health telling me to wash my hands for 20 seconds....THAT IS IT.

That minister must be an expert.
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:19 pm

MarcoPE wrote:Here in Peru, not a single word from any of the banks I deal with, not a single word from my health insurance provider; just a single text this morning (Sunday, March 16th) from the minister of health telling me to wash my hands for 20 seconds....THAT IS IT.

What is it you need to be told?
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:30 am

The numbers of infected people in Peru is not going out of Control : it jump from 86 to 117 and then 127 . Very low numbers considering how fast this sickness could grow

Thanks President Vizcarra !

Let's stay at home and help Beautiful Peru be safe
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:48 am

windsportinperu wrote:The numbers of infected people in Peru is not going out of Control : it jump from 86 to 117 and then 127 . Very low numbers considering how fast this sickness could grow

As it is with the rest of the world.
By the way, how fast can it grow?
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:25 pm

All Districts in Lima, supporting the Labour made by Doctors and Policemen in the Streets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk-8_nc4HVw
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:12 pm

The NEW Building for Pan American Games 2019 will be used as Hospital

Thanks Vizcarra for having the Fastest Response against the Virus in Latin AMerica !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hoKABJYIdI
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:47 pm

@ Beep beep. It's kinda like [/size] squaring numbers. eg. 2 x 2=4, 4 x 4=16 ,16 x 16=256 etc etc.
None of us can have the attitude that "it won't happen to me".
To use a very old adage from my mum, a nurse..."prevention is better than cure".
Stay at home Beep Beep and leave the Roadrunner in his. Stay safe mi amigo.
Cheers ,
W
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:17 am

Wiracocha wrote:@ Beep beep. It's kinda like [/size] squaring numbers. eg. 2 x 2=4, 4 x 4=16 ,16 x 16=256 etc etc.
To use a very old adage from my mum, a nurse..."prevention is better than cure".
Cheers ,
W

Wiracocha , I agree 100% .. Thumb UP
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:22 am

The next video shows how united can a country as Peru be in Hard Times

Our Doctors and Nurses send back a Good Message from their BattleField , Some of them will probablly die

So it is our duty to Thanks them from the Bottom of our Heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMm_P5bC8OA
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:20 am

Wiracocha wrote:@ Beep beep. It's kinda like [/size] squaring numbers. eg. 2 x 2=4, 4 x 4=16 ,16 x 16=256 etc etc.
Cheers ,
W

Well, Pedro, Best send dear ol' mum back to nursing school. Virus's have no cure.
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:38 am

W

By the way, where did you get that formula? The nursing school mum went to? Just because 2 people carrying a virus comes in contact with 2 not carrying a virus does not mean 2 will contract a virus.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:36 am

69roadrunner wrote:
W

By the way, where did you get that formula? The nursing school mum went to? Just because 2 people carrying a virus comes in contact with 2 not carrying a virus does not mean 2 will contract a virus.

The reported transmission rate for Covid-19 is 2.6%. Not every person who has had contact with the infected person becomes ill, but on average, they infect 2.6 others. Some infect none, others infect many. The danger being the asymptomatic person who doesn't take any precautions with their meetings because they assume they are not ill.

Six-hundred dead yesterday in Italy. No funeral. No goodbyes. Just a quick trip to the crematorium.
-----
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:11 pm

Well I said "kinda like" for starters. That was only my opinion after what I observe happenings in Italy and other places. But using Alan's reported figures/stats...2.8 x 2.8 x 2.8 x 2.8 x 2.8 = 481

Secondly, "prevention is better than cure" expression....if there is not any cure, then prevention is certainly better,eh?
If the virus has no cure....well WTF are the scientists doing trying to develop a vaccine for the bat-soup virus.

Keep safe everyone.

Cheers,
W
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:51 pm

Wiracocha wrote:Well I said "kinda like" for starters. That was only my opinion after what I observe happenings in Italy and other places. But using Alan's reported figures/stats...2.8 x 2.8 x 2.8 x 2.8 x 2.8 = 481

Secondly, "prevention is better than cure" expression....if there is not any cure, then prevention is certainly better,eh?
If the virus has no cure....well WTF are the scientists doing trying to develop a vaccine for the bat-soup virus.

Keep safe everyone.

Cheers,
W

Now where did that formula come from? And where did you learn to multiply? Your mum's nursing school? Or is your product an opinion?
Secondly a vaccine is not a cure.
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:05 pm

Ummm. well, if I put 2.8 x 2.8 in the calculator and continue mulilpying by that factor five times, the answer appears. Don't understand your comment Beep Beep. Either which way, it's exponential.

I am not personally saying there is a vaccine cure...but I did read the following from the Internet.

"Favilavir, the first approved coronavirus drug in China
The National Medical Products Administration of China has approved the use of Favilavir, an anti-viral drug, as a treatment for coronavirus. The drug has reportedly shown efficacy in treating the disease with minimal side effects in a clinical trial involving 70 patients. The clinical trial is being conducted in Shenzhen, Guangdong province."

I'll leave it at that...can't be bothered debating information provided by others.
W
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:42 pm

Wiracocha wrote:Ummm. well, if I put 2.8 x 2.8 in the calculator and continue mulilpying by that factor five times, the answer appears.

Ummmm, you oughta get that calculator a tune up.

Wiracocha wrote:I am not personally saying there is a vaccine cure...but I did read the following from the Internet.
"Favilavir, the first approved coronavirus drug in China
The National Medical Products Administration of China has approved the use of Favilavir, an anti-viral drug, as a treatment for coronavirus. The drug has reportedly shown efficacy in treating the disease with minimal side effects in a clinical trial involving 70 patients. The clinical trial is being conducted in Shenzhen, Guangdong province."
I'll leave it at that...can't be bothered debating information provided by others.
W
]

Well what Are you saying? The article seems to back me up, (as if I needed it) and scientists. "Favilavir is an anti-viral drug approved as a TREATMENT for coronvirus".
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:33 pm

Peru and the Abundance of Food, in the middle of this Crisis !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm2mjy1gtNg
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:20 pm

Gringo in Lima describes the Lockdown.. This is what he wrote :

""With all the talk of reopening the economy in the United States and while I'm on lockdown in Peru, I thought I would make a video documenting the quarantine. Social distancing and early, decisive action have slowed the spread of the virus. When I arrived on the 15th of March there were 71 cases, now there are just over 400. The locals seem happy to make 2 weeks' worth of sacrifice for the greater good and it is showing in the results. The initial 15-day lockdown ends on the 30th and it has been a breeze. Please stay home. I believe we can get ahead of this thing and protect those around us that are most vulnerable""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBp5Rh8KUOE
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:20 am

Busineman owner of a Polleria - Restaurant - Offers free meals for Soldiers and Medical Personnel

Well Done Peru !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sxq7j6wNO4
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:58 pm

Peru has the toughest rules for the Lockdown across the Country in Latin America. It is the only way to stop this sickness.

Forced Social Self Isolation
No gathering for Sports activities
No gathering for Parties and Similar Events
No Looting
Uses of Gun in case of Legitimite Defense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd02-nJEj1k

P.S. Sorry if the translation above is not the best, hope someone else could explain it better
bigdaddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bigdaddy » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:14 am

windsportinperu wrote:Peru has the toughest rules for the Lockdown across the Country in Latin America. It is the only way to stop this sickness.

Forced Social Self Isolation
No gathering for Sports activities
No gathering for Parties and Similar Events
No Looting
Uses of Gun in case of Legitimite Defense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd02-nJEj1k

P.S. Sorry if the translation above is not the best, hope someone else could explain it better

What about scammers who prey on the public such as promising an elixir to cure the virus if one pays a ghastly sum of soles?

None of that either, right?
Large and in charge!
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:44 am

The "Villa Olimpica" is Ready !

It was prepared against the clock under strick measures

750 Medical Personel. Only will be allowed the Entrance of Sick People , no family members

The strong motivation of the Medical Personnel is remarkable !

https://youtu.be/_AVLYpXAVhg
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:54 am

bigdaddy wrote:
What about scammers who prey on the public such as promising an elixir to cure the virus if one pays a ghastly sum of soles?

None of that either, right?

I heard of a case in Canada. Someone was selling fake coronavirus testing kits. Slimeballs.

Elexirs certainly don't work, but here is some good advice from the New York Times: https://bit.ly/2JmSyfk
-----
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:16 pm

Solidarity and Respect are 2 worthful and valuable actions to fight adversity !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orHtBSnDpjg
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:36 pm

Peru is planning a Big and Solid Economic Plan for the Recovering of the Economy during and after this Crisis

A must read for everyone interested in the Next Economic Future of Peru

https://www.bbc.com/mundo/noticias-amer ... a-52104166
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:32 am

Small Businessman in Gamarra is sewing Face Maks and Donating them to Peru !

20,000 Mask for Free for the Health Sector ; He is making 1,500 per day !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3oLNvEXlZg
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:34 pm

windsportinperu wrote:Small Businessman in Gamarra is sewing Face Maks and Donating them to Peru !

20,000 Mask for Free for the Health Sector ; He is making 1,500 per day !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3oLNvEXlZg

It is true that a crisis like this can bring out the best and the worst in people. Until now, we've certainly seen more good than bad.
-----
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:19 pm

Artificial Respiration Equipments are now a Critical Element to fight CoronaVirus

It is been designed and aproved respirators Made in Peru is a very short period of time

Another good response from the Private Companies + Government

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ4Qq1hIx3Y
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:48 pm

windsportinperu wrote:Artificial Respiration Equipments are now a Critical Element to fight CoronaVirus

It is been designed and aproved respirators Made in Peru is a very short period of time

Another good response from the Private Companies + Government

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ4Qq1hIx3Y

Unfortunately, that video was removed. Do you remember the details?
-----
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:47 pm

Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:16 pm

Wow! Very cool.

Here is the video description translated into English.

Peru has begun to assemble their own artificial respirators. The consortium responsible is led by the Peruvian Navy, and includes universities and businesses in the private sector.

The respirators are called "Samay", which means "breathe" in Quechua.
-----
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:54 pm

Plaza de Acho, a place for Bull FIghiting is transformed into a place to stay and eat for Homeless People !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsAIyxxPw04
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:22 pm

Wow! Very cool.

Here is the video description translated into English:

Peru has begun to assemble their own artificial respirators. The consortium responsible is led by the Peruvian Navy, and includes universities and businesses in the private sector.

The respirators are called "Samay", which means "breathe" in Quechua.
-----
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:55 am

A New Place is Build in the outside of Hospital San Isidro Labrador in Santa Anita, Lima

This New Place is specialized for the supervisor of people with symptons of CoronaVirus as lack of air = Respiratory Insufficiency

it could give medical care to 300 people

Well Done Peru , The good work must continue that way !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juPhqBY0Wvg
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:02 am

Alan wrote: The respirators are called "Samay", which means "breathe" in Quechua.

Samay... it is a good name for a new born baby in this Times ..
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:30 pm

Peru is having the best Figures related to "recovered pacients" in South America

My guessing of that is probably the good food we eat , it creates a good Inmune System

A Tabloid in Argentina made a report about this data :

https://www.cronica.com.ar/mundo/Corona ... -0041.html
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:48 pm

windsportinperu wrote:Peru is having the best Figures related to "recovered pacients" in South America
My guessing of that is probably the good food we eat , it creates a good Inmune System

Prey tell, what are those foods....exactly. Most South Americans eat the same food. Your guess....of course.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:11 pm

If you already lives in Peru, you may know what is eaten here !

The food is not the same in South America , every country has its preferences and also exists regional preferences depending where you lives.
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:15 pm

Ok yes I do know what is eaten in Peru. You mean all foods in Peru fight off the virus, many of the same foods found everywhere? Tell us the corona virus fighting foods found only in Peru.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:22 pm

It is my Guessing, not an affirmation ...

What we know is that eaten healthy food creates good Inmune System , so the food do not fight the virus directly , but indirectly

Quinua, Kiwicha, Purple Corn, Organic Fresh Corn, Nuts, Pallares, Aguaymanto, Organic Potato and the list goes and goes ..

The good thing is that all the above is easily available to most of the Population here

And almost forgot .. Ceviche !
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:24 pm

And those foods are only found in Peru?
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:02 pm

Tons of Free Food for the poor People in Peru !

Good Job Vizcarra, also called as The Tyrant :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcuV7RztkJ4
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:41 pm

Is that food the special virus fighting food found only in Peru? Peru should be virus free instead of climbing day by day, 281 new cases since yesterday. That is 78 cases per 1 million people, one of the highest in the world. That is even with the tyrannical mandates in place. Keep up the good (????) work!!!
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:35 am

69roadrunner wrote:Is that food the special virus fighting food found only in Peru? Peru should be virus free instead of ...

Should Peru be virus-free because of the food ? where did you read that ?

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register