Lockdown and walking my dog.

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
AmigoRikard
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby AmigoRikard » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:04 pm

So from March 31, harder curfews apply between 4 pm and 5 am here in the Trujillo area. Before, you could go out with your dog until 8 pm, but that does not seem to be the case now.

Being unable to go out after 4 pm are not good for my old dog (15 years), he can't keep his poop and pee from 4pm to 05am. So I have to sneak out to let him do the evening's needs. This with the risk that a police or military might grab us.

To the question, has anyone been out walking their dog during the evening when the curfew are on and have you encountered a police or military and if so what did they say?

I live in an apartment, so in order for the dog to poop, I have to go out. Other sensible suggestions are welcome and no I can't have him loose.

/Rikard

69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Lockdown and walking my dog.

Postby 69roadrunner » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:20 am

Newspaper
alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby alan » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:52 am

69roadrunner wrote:Newspaper

Good suggestion. The other is to stay as close to possible to your door.
AmigoRikard
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby AmigoRikard » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:39 pm

This morning I was down to the police station to get a written permission to go with my dog after 4pm. Sadly it wasn't possible, :( but they said it was okay to go out with the dog, but stay close to where you live. So we try it and hope the police and military we meet may be on the same track. :P
Meaning of life ...... have fun!
billybob72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby billybob72 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:25 am

It has just been on the news (TVPeru) just now that you can take your dogs/pets for a walk as long as you're near your house.
bigdaddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bigdaddy » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:17 am

billybob72 wrote:It has just been on the news (TVPeru) just now that you can take your dogs/pets for a walk as long as you're near your house.

Well, that's a relief. Pardon the pun.
Large and in charge!

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register