Will be moving

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
thjohnson58

Will be moving

Postby thjohnson58 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:49 pm

Hello
My wife is from La Punta. We will be buying something in the next year to spend probably 6 months a year, maybe more. I don't care to live La Punta, We are beach people now. We attended a wedding last year in Mancora, beach was great, neighborhood behind the beach, not so good. We have stayed in MIa Flores, nice but what to do all day. Any jobs??? Maybe look somewhere else up North??

thjohnson58

Re: Will be moving

Postby thjohnson58 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:29 pm

Would love some feedback and pros and cons of different areas??
alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby alan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:08 pm

Hi there. Welcome to the forum.

You'd need to give us a little more to go on regarding your likes/dislikes, budget and expectations before we can venture a reply.
thjohnson58

Postby thjohnson58 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:18 pm

Thanks for the response
We will be fine money wise. I just can't stand the thought of big city living. I lived in Manhattan for a year and did not care for that life style. I went nuts doing nothing in La Punta for two weeks. Maybe I am better off up North in my own place. I am a Florida boy and always had the water at my back door and lots of room. Guess I answered my own question.
We will rent for a while. Maybe move around some and figure it out.
I don't like where the states are headed.
noclevername
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby noclevername » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:56 pm

"Fine money wise" is kind of vague and relative, but if you liked the beach at Máncora and not so much the town behind it, you might be interested in some of the other beaches nearby, like Pocitas, Vichayito, Organos, or up North a bit, Punta Sal up to Zorritos. Other than Organos, pretty much all of those other beaches are on the beach instead of being set back a bit from the beach. None of them are as built up as Máncora, most are no more than what's on the coastal access road.

This website might be of help/interest.

https://www.vivamancora.com/peru/en/
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:56 am

Hello Th,

La Punta is a nice location. It was founded by Italian Migrants ...

I live not to far from there... Magdalena del Mar

Do you have any experience in building or sailing boats as monohull or multihulls ( as Catamaran ) ?
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:46 am

Let's not forget Arequipa.
samthesham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby samthesham » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:01 am

It must be exciting living in Arequipa and looking at Misti in the distance and wondering when the next eruption will be.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register