China invades the Sovereignty of Ecuador

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

China invades the Sovereignty of Ecuador

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:34 pm

A big float of about 250 Fish Factory Ships from China invades the ocean region between Galapagos and Ecuador -

Even though they are International Waters, the amount of people and ships is considered as an invasion by Ecuador because of the amount of fish that can be caught by this float of ships is enormous

Ecuador asked for help to some others countries in the Pacific Coast, including Peru

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-53562439

samthesham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: China invades the Sovereignty of Ecuador

Postby samthesham » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:32 am

The key words are "International Waters".
What can be done if this is occurring in international waters?
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:24 am

Erratum = where says "float" should be "fleet" :oops:

Yes, I do not know what can they do, but it is clear that Ecuador feels intimidated by that big Fleet of Vessels

This is just the beginning of the problem, hope they can use International Law related to over exploitation of the Ocean that could help Ecuador
alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby alan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:28 am

It's a sad case. Since the islands are a protected reserve, there is actually abundant sea-life which flourishes to the point of spilling over into the kill zone. This problem says a lot about our society. You can have your bloody nature, but up to a point! Doesn't really matter that it is the Chinese; it could be anyone. Like Sam says, "international waters".
carloso
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby carloso » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:48 pm

China's doing this all over the world, according to the writer of Stealth War.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: China invades the Sovereignty of Ecuador AND NOW IN PERU

Postby windsportinperu » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:38 pm

300 Chinese Fishing Vessels are trying to Loot and Plunder our Fish and Gigant Squid - Calamar Gigante - from our Ocean in Peru

They were found by the Marina de Guerra del Peru - Peruvian Navy

The warning was done by USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWjhK0bwVCo

P.S. The Moral in the Chinese Government and the Endless Ambition is creating a World BackLash . Nowadays Latin America has changed the postive perspective that we had about China. The more they try to steal the more they are seen with distrust
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: China invades the Sovereignty of Ecuador AND NOW IN PERU

Postby 69roadrunner » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:34 pm

windsportinperu wrote:P.S. The Moral in the Chinese Government and the Endless Ambition is creating a World BackLash . Nowadays Latin America has changed the postive perspective that we had about China. The more they try to steal the more they are seen with distrust

Well Glory B. It is about time Latin America got on board with it's North American neighbors. Good job Latin America.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:20 am

And . . .

Lenin Moreno , President of Ecuador talked about this Looting by a video-conference in the U.N.

He has 100% support from Peru and Peruvians

https://radioatalaya.net/presidente-len ... galapagos/
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:57 pm

G'day all, I reckon that the Peruvian & Ecuadorian Navies should organise some naval exercises(as do many countries) and just happen to be around the Chink fishing boats, disrupting the sea with high speed manoeuvres and anti-submarine sonar. Just move along with them until the bastards get the hint to **** off !! International waters do not prohibit such naval exercises....same as the fishing laws. Peru is a bit too palsy-walsy with the Chinese...time to stand up !!
Grumpy Wiracocha.
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:47 am

Wiracocha wrote:G'day all, I reckon that the Peruvian & Ecuadorian Navies should organise some naval exercises(as do many countries) and just happen to be around the Chink fishing boats, disrupting the sea with high speed manoeuvres and anti-submarine sonar. Just move along with them until the bastards get the hint to **** off !! International waters do not prohibit such naval exercises....same as the fishing laws. Peru is a bit too palsy-walsy with the Chinese...time to stand up !!
Grumpy Wiracocha.

Not so fast Grumpy. Best go back to sea lawyer school.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_navigation
Last edited by 69roadrunner on Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:23 am

Thanks Wira,

The chinese fleet have been surveyed by the Peru Navy . . . but definitely it is needed to be done something bigger and stronger

We need to be prepared for the next depredation of this looters . Maybe the Royal Australian Navy could help us somehow

Peruvians from all social levels are indignated with this Lack of Respect . :evil:
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:29 am

What lack of respect? Isn't China in international waters, respecting international law?
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:48 am

69road,

They turned off the GPS on board, so they cannot been localized easily. It is been confirmed by the Navy .
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:02 am

Huh? Do you know what a GPS is? Do you know what it tells? And no it is not a cloaking device.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:18 am

69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:43 am

Well that really does not tell me what YOU think a GPS is and what it is used for but ok. It also does not explain how ones GPS transmits to others its reading.
Let's say Peru can somehow read Chinas GPS reading and they turn it off. Poof Peru can not read where China is, which is absurd but ok. If China turns off its GPS, how the heck does Peru know they are not respecting international law?
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:07 pm

69road,

If they turned their GPS off is because they do not want Peru to know where their possition is at any moment.

The AIS or any other location systems needs a GPS to work well

Criminals and Looters do not want to be surveiled , so they turned their GPS off

And you last question is valid. Peru received a message from USA saying where they were (probably by satellite survailance) , but these chinese companies act like criminals. It is all about technology and timing . They had a lot of time to leave our waters and went into international waters

P.S. I have already said what I think : They are Looters
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:13 pm

Are you saying all you have to do is turn off your GPS and no one knows you are there, short of eye ball contact? Show me a GPS device that transmits its location to the world. I think Navies would like one of those. It there a youtube vid that advertises one of those?
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:28 pm

Your answer is in the Link above
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:30 pm

Could you be so kind to point it out and expand? I don't see where it says "all one has to do is turn off ones GPS and no one knows you are there". Let alone where it says ones GPS transmits to others your location.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:40 pm

69road

I am always very kind with you , as usual , but in this case it is self-explainable

P.S. Your words of support to Peru above, were also very kind . . . so kindness is given back with kindness
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:52 pm

Well could you please, be so kind, as to explain to me what you are talking about, I am lost. I have asked twice now and you refuse. Does that mean you can't? That's ok but be so kind as to say so, so I will understand you better.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:01 pm

You are right.

My explanation cannot be better than the article . So I cannot explain it better than the expert who wrote that information
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:11 pm

Nowhere does it say you can turn off YOUR GPS system and no one can see you. Nor does it say you can see others. If I am wrong, show me where I can buy one. There are many youtube vids but none explain that turning it off no one can see me. None of them say I can see others. If you could be so kind.
noclevername
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby noclevername » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:03 pm

I understand the average Peruvian and the govt. itself not being happy with what China is doing, but since Peru's has attached it's economy to China to the point of dependency, how much can Peru really push back when China obviously has the upper hand and Peru has little to no leverage and needs to maintain good relations?
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:31 pm

NoCleverName,

You are right, but let's remember that in Human History not always win the strongest or the one who gain the upper hand

The collective determination against a common threat in the World could change the Course of any Situation
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:02 am

I do not eat fish, maybe canned tuna here and there, so I can not compare before or after the 'invasion'. Is there a shortage of fish at the market or raw fish at your local cevicheria that is causing your angst?
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:57 pm

Not only Peru or Ecuador,

In West Africa the Greediness of Chinese Government is shown in this video

https://youtu.be/nUClXFF2PKs
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:31 am

Greedy? I'd say YOU are being selfish. Where would YOU allow a hungry nation to forage for food? You may not like the government but the hungry people are not the government. Try a little kindness.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:19 am

69road,

Is there something wrong ? You seen to be upset for no reason . . . :?:
jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jumpinjack » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:52 pm

I wouldn't want to eat fish from those waters antway, being so close to the Rimac, probably full of mercury and who knows what else.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register