In The Top Ten

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby 69roadrunner » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:59 am

billybob72 wrote:
69roadrunner wrote:
billybob72 wrote:
69roadrunner wrote:He made a post? Well, wiser yet I have blocked him.
I am just pointing out, no one really knows what approach to take but over reacting, like Peru, is NOT the correct approach. Many more countries and people are dying financially, by far, than are dying from this scamdemic.
Nothing has been based on science, just politicians run amuck and drunk with power.


So what's YOUR answer - according to you Peru are wrong and you're right so what is the answer - and don't say Sweden because that's not working either and once we get into a Swedish winter, you can bet your life they will change tactics pretty damn quick!

Have you any proof that COVID-19 is a scam?

YOU got any proof? "once we get into a Swedish winter, you can bet your life they will change tactics pretty damn quick! " Got anything to back THAT up?

Here's the thing, there is no answer, look around the world nothing is working.
I assume you are asking if the virus is a scam, obviously, no. The reaction is a scam. Take a look at this thread
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=32046&p=160323#p160323


I have no proof, but I have a hunch.

Let's have a bet, in four months from now, if I am wrong - I will apologise to you if the Swedes carry on with no changes to their already failed reaction to the pandemic.

If I am right, you apologise and say you were totally wrong about everything regarding this topic and you never had a clue in the first place.

How about that, fancy it?

Things getting a little hot for you? I am making too much sense and maybe I will make a senseless bet and move on?
Doesn't sound too fancy, kinda childish actually. How about simply posting facts instead of wasting our time with wild 'hunches'.
A word of advice, never bet on a 'hunch' and never apologize for what you believe.


69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby 69roadrunner » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:01 am

samthesham wrote:
69roadrunner wrote:He made a post? Well, wiser yet I have blocked him.
I am just pointing out, no one really knows what approach to take but over reacting, like Peru, is NOT the correct approach. Many more countries and people are dying financially, by far, than are dying from this scamdemic.
Nothing has been based on science, just politicians run amuck and drunk with power.


Why would you want to block him?

His post tend to be full of minutia that take up whole screens that are redundant and repeating previous posts with one theme. He tends to not answer questions or present new points, just lectures and talks down to folks. I don't think he has ever started a thread with new info, of any kind, kinda like a troll.
The uninformative length of his posts hinder my search in responding to other, more succinctly, informatively written posts. Just a personal house keeping choice. So nice to be able to scroll through a thread without the diarrhea of words or a page with one cartoon that he uses as a crutch when he finally is at a loss for words.
You might want to try it, unless you just like pouring through long, boring lectures.
noclevername
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:09 pm

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby noclevername » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:42 am

69roadrunner wrote:
samthesham wrote:
69roadrunner wrote:He made a post? Well, wiser yet I have blocked him.
I am just pointing out, no one really knows what approach to take but over reacting, like Peru, is NOT the correct approach. Many more countries and people are dying financially, by far, than are dying from this scamdemic.
Nothing has been based on science, just politicians run amuck and drunk with power.


Why would you want to block him?

His post tend to be full of minutia that take up whole screens that are redundant and repeating previous posts with one theme. He tends to not answer questions or present new points, just lectures and talks down to folks. I don't think he has ever started a thread with new info, of any kind, kinda like a troll.
The uninformative length of his posts hinder my search in responding to other, more succinctly, informatively written posts. Just a personal house keeping choice. So nice to be able to scroll through a thread without the diarrhea of words or a page with one cartoon that he uses as a crutch when he finally is at a loss for words.
You might want to try it, unless you just like pouring through long, boring lectures.

Complex problems often require complex solutions. I have always been more than willing to answer questions related to the thread, often sourced with links. Ask away. Give me an example of a question you've asked me related to a thread topic that I haven't given an answer to and I'll be glad to respond. I'm not afraid of data, info from legit sources, facts, or a debate. I see it as the other way around. When your posts are challenged or questions are asked of you, you retreat and never answer them. I won't bother pointing out examples because they're in numerous threads, including this one. I'm not the first person to point this out.

If you can't handle a discussion based on facts, if you can't handle having your positions questioned or criticized, if you can't handle reading a post that's longer than a couple of sentences, and if you can't back up your posts and then want to blame the messenger instead of the messages that you don't like - that's not my problem. You probably should just block me and stick to Twitter sized responses to complex problems such as the pandemic we're all going through. I'm not talking down to you or anyone. I'm just the type who believes in making a detailed argument and backing up my opinion with facts and sources. Maybe my mistake is in thinking that repeating points and linked sources to someone who doesn't respond with anything other than saying scam/hoax will eventually cause that person engage in a rational debate of the issue. My bad for overestimating one's ability to back up what they say and have a rational back and forth discussion.

Stick the topic of the conversation. The message instead of the messenger. If it's a topic you're generally interested in, a few paragraphs that shold take no more than a couple of minutes to read through shouldn't tax you too much. And feel free to challenge the substance of my posts and ask me to back up what I say any time. I'm not afraid of discourse.
noclevername
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:09 pm

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby noclevername » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:27 pm

I don't see it as a zero-sum game. Where if nothing works 100% than there's no point in doing anything to mitigate the health and economic effects of the virus at all until there is a 100% solution. Makes sense to me to take measures, slow down human interaction, keep businesses running as best as they can under the circumstances knowing that going back to pre-COVID ways of doing business is only going to strain the health care system and economy more, and make the best of a bad situation. Seems more logical since ignoring it hasn't helped. No country, Sweden included, has had any success with a strategy of inaction.

The facts are that countries that have taken the virus seriously with early and aggressive actions to mitigate the effects are having more success than those who wrote it off as a hoax, have taken half-measures, or no measures at all.

The countries that have done something have leadership that's intelligent enough to understand that since there is currently no solution the best course of action is to swallow the bitter medicine in the early stages so that they can maximize their control while minimizing the negative effects to the health of their citizens and the health of their economies. Those countries that didn't stick their head in the sand now have economies that are re-opened and on their way to recovery. Those countries whose leadership chose to ignore the global pandemic will continue to suffer with a less healthy population who will have to wait for a vaccine (probably to late for a country like the US to turn it around until then) and watch their economy suffer until then.

The idea isn't that mask wearing, social distancing, and closing down large indoor gathering spaces is a cure. It's a treatment unitl a cure is found.

If nothing worked, than why are there rankings related to COVID cases/deaths and maps shaded in different colors showing what countries are doing better and which are doing worse? Obviously some countries are having more success than others, otherwise the rate of spread would be the same worldwide.

Unfortunately Peru's third world status, standard of living, access to clean water, health care, culture with respect to putting trust in govt., lack of police enforcement of existing mandates, etc. means that Peru is going to be among the countries with the worst results to any actions they take; probably until a vaccine is found.

To those who believe that nothing works, do you also believe that nothing at all should be done until there is a vaccine? If you believe something should be done, what would that be? Can you explain a motive those in power would have to intentionally slow down their economies? Can you explain how it is that in a hyper capitalist system run by international conglomerates, banks, etc., they would stand by and watch or actively encourage the destruction of their businesses? Just to get people to wear masks? It doesn't make any sense.

Image
billybob72
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:51 am

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby billybob72 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:51 pm

69roadrunner wrote:
billybob72 wrote:
69roadrunner wrote:
billybob72 wrote:
69roadrunner wrote:He made a post? Well, wiser yet I have blocked him.
I am just pointing out, no one really knows what approach to take but over reacting, like Peru, is NOT the correct approach. Many more countries and people are dying financially, by far, than are dying from this scamdemic.
Nothing has been based on science, just politicians run amuck and drunk with power.


So what's YOUR answer - according to you Peru are wrong and you're right so what is the answer - and don't say Sweden because that's not working either and once we get into a Swedish winter, you can bet your life they will change tactics pretty damn quick!

Have you any proof that COVID-19 is a scam?

YOU got any proof? "once we get into a Swedish winter, you can bet your life they will change tactics pretty damn quick! " Got anything to back THAT up?

Here's the thing, there is no answer, look around the world nothing is working.
I assume you are asking if the virus is a scam, obviously, no. The reaction is a scam. Take a look at this thread
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=32046&p=160323#p160323


I have no proof, but I have a hunch.

Let's have a bet, in four months from now, if I am wrong - I will apologise to you if the Swedes carry on with no changes to their already failed reaction to the pandemic.

If I am right, you apologise and say you were totally wrong about everything regarding this topic and you never had a clue in the first place.

How about that, fancy it?

Things getting a little hot for you? I am making too much sense and maybe I will make a senseless bet and move on?
Doesn't sound too fancy, kinda childish actually. How about simply posting facts instead of wasting our time with wild 'hunches'.
A word of advice, never bet on a 'hunch' and never apologize for what you believe.


Thought you wouldn't fancy it. 8)

You are just bleating on about something you know nothing about, a critic of the current solutions but don't offer up a solution yourself.

What facts are you offering up?

You seem to care about big businesses not making money though. A word of advice for you, maybe Sweden is a better bet for you than Peru, or don't you earn enough to meet the residency requirements? :lol:
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby 69roadrunner » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:06 pm

Ok .'fancy man', what fact would you like to hear? Do you actually have a direct question pertaining /comment to the topic at hand? Or do you just have accusations? Directive as to where I should live, what, did I touch a nerve with you, sorry. Maybe all you have is 'hunces'. A person posting 'hunches' should not get so upset when one offers a different opinion. What's up with that?
Personal attacks are a sign of someone who is frustrated and wants revenge, and wildy lashes out. Get yourself under control and participate without personal attacks.
billybob72
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:51 am

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby billybob72 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:02 am

69roadrunner wrote:Ok .'fancy man', what fact would you like to hear? Do you actually have a direct question pertaining /comment to the topic at hand? Or do you just have accusations? Directive as to where I should live, what, did I touch a nerve with you, sorry. Maybe all you have is 'hunces'. A person posting 'hunches' should not get so upset when one offers a different opinion. What's up with that?
Personal attacks are a sign of someone who is frustrated and wants revenge, and wildy lashes out. Get yourself under control and participate without personal attacks.


You have no 'facts' to offer, you have said it yourself, despite that, you still label the current crisis a 'scamdemic'

A critic with no proof that it is a hoax.

Your arguments are all over the place, your points of view are absolutely worthless. :D
Last edited by billybob72 on Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
billybob72
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:51 am

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby billybob72 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:03 am

69roadrunner wrote: Maybe all you have is 'hunces'. A person posting 'hunches' should not get so upset when one offers a different opinion.


What on earth are you babbling on about? :lol:
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby 69roadrunner » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:40 am

Hmmm Up kinda late aren't ya? Can't sleep? Something keeping you up? Hope it ain't my fault.
billybob72
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:51 am

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby billybob72 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:00 am

69roadrunner wrote:Hmmm Up kinda late aren't ya? Can't sleep? Something keeping you up? Hope it ain't my fault.


I live in the Far East... we don't all share the same time zone :roll:
billybob72
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:51 am

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby billybob72 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:02 am

69roadrunner wrote:sorry. Maybe all you have is 'hunces'. A person posting 'hunches' should not get so upset when one offers a different opinion.


I have no idea what on earth you are talking about here, you are in la-la land.

What's up with that?

Yeah, explain to me... I have no idea what on earth you're going on about. :?
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby 69roadrunner » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:11 pm

windsportinperu wrote:NoCleverName, that is a good analysis of the situation

There are some few differences , though

Most of Peruvians wanted and want to follow the rules. , so the images above do not represent to most of us

Because of my work I use to speak with a lot of people - inside and outside Lima, and from different regions of Peru. The problems wasn't using a mask, the problem is that a lot of us did not use a mask properly , it has changed somehow the last weeks, but using a mask in an non-adecuate way over our face is useless

No one to blame, neither the Government nor the people. This sickness has taken all of us with no preparation

Being postive , the good thing is that Peru has received an unwanted herd immunity , hope this will work properly.

At least in places where the sickness was strong as Iquitos, it has declined. The first stimates about the % of infected people is over 90% according to preliminary studies

https://www.efe.com/efe/espana/sociedad ... 04-4301567

I hope you mis spoke or I mis understood about UNWANTED herd immunity. Herd immunity is what we want and senseless lock downs will prevent that, as is very apparent here in Peru with our immediate draconian lock downs, #5 in the world and #2 in South America in infections, btw.
billybob72
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:51 am

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby billybob72 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:04 pm

69roadrunner wrote:
windsportinperu wrote:NoCleverName, that is a good analysis of the situation

There are some few differences , though

Most of Peruvians wanted and want to follow the rules. , so the images above do not represent to most of us

Because of my work I use to speak with a lot of people - inside and outside Lima, and from different regions of Peru. The problems wasn't using a mask, the problem is that a lot of us did not use a mask properly , it has changed somehow the last weeks, but using a mask in an non-adecuate way over our face is useless

No one to blame, neither the Government nor the people. This sickness has taken all of us with no preparation

Being postive , the good thing is that Peru has received an unwanted herd immunity , hope this will work properly.

At least in places where the sickness was strong as Iquitos, it has declined. The first stimates about the % of infected people is over 90% according to preliminary studies

https://www.efe.com/efe/espana/sociedad ... 04-4301567

I hope you mis spoke or I mis understood about UNWANTED herd immunity. Herd immunity is what we want and senseless lock downs will prevent that, as is very apparent here in Peru with our immediate draconian lock downs, #5 in the world and #2 in South America in infections, btw.


Herd immunity works if you already have a vaccine in place, says the experts. :lol:

We are not at that stage yet with your wonderful, ground breaking idea. :roll:
noclevername
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:09 pm

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby noclevername » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:13 am

Lock downs have nothing to do with herd immunity (not that I'd call the #'s of people I see out and about on the streets at this point to be any kind of lock down).

At this point there's no evidence that shows herd immunity is an effective strategy against COVID-19. Would be great if there were, but so far the evidence isn't there.

WHO: Herd immunity is a long way off stopping COVID-19

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/08/ ... ronavirus/

"Right now, as a planet, as a global population, we are nowhere close to the levels of immunity required to stop this disease from transmitting," Dr. Mike Ryan, the executive director of the WHO Health Emergencies Programme, said.

"We need to focus on what we can acutely do now to suppress transmission and not live in hope of herd immunity being our salvation."

We don't know how long protection from the virus lasts after infection


Herd immunity and COVID-19 (coronavirus): What you need to know

https://www.mayoclinic.org/herd-immunit ... t-20486808

Herd immunity can also be reached when a sufficient number of people in the population have recovered from a disease and have developed antibodies against future infection. For example, those who survived the 1918 flu (influenza) pandemic were later immune to infection with the H1N1 flu, a subtype of influenza A. During the 2009-10 flu season, H1N1 caused the respiratory infection in humans that was commonly referred to as swine flu.

However, there are some major problems with relying on community infection to create herd immunity to the virus that causes COVID-19. First, it isn't yet clear if infection with the COVID-19 virus makes a person immune to future infection.

Research suggests that after infection with some coronaviruses, reinfection with the same virus — though usually mild and only happening in a fraction of people — is possible after a period of months or years. Further research is needed to determine the protective effect of antibodies to the virus in those who have been infected.

Even if infection with the COVID-19 virus creates long-lasting immunity, a large number of people would have to become infected to reach the herd immunity threshold. Experts estimate that in the U.S., 70% of the population — more than 200 million people — would have to recover from COVID-19 to halt the epidemic. If many people become sick with COVID-19 at once, the health care system could quickly become overwhelmed. This amount of infection could also lead to serious complications and millions of deaths, especially among older people and those who have chronic conditions.


The article goes on to suggest that the most effective ways to slow the spread of the virus is the ones we all already know - wash your hands often, avoid large events and mass gatherings, social distancing, stay home as much as possible, etc.
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby 69roadrunner » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:42 am

billybob72 wrote:
69roadrunner wrote:
windsportinperu wrote:Being postive , the good thing is that Peru has received an unwanted herd immunity , hope this will work properly.

I hope you mis spoke or I mis understood about UNWANTED herd immunity. Herd immunity is what we want and senseless lock downs will prevent that, as is very apparent here in Peru with our immediate draconian lock downs, #5 in the world and #2 in South America in infections, btw.


Herd immunity works if you already have a vaccine in place, says the experts. :lol:

We are not at that stage yet with your wonderful, ground breaking idea. :roll:

OMG! Where did you get your learning? I think I am seeing a pattern with you. If I do not fit your narrative you will just post any ol' thing that fits your narrative.
You are saying, as wind posted, heard immunity IS unwanted? He didn't mis speak? You can read windsports mind as well? jeez. To be clear, a vaccine is NOT necessary for herd immunity.
Here's a ground breaking idea, stop posting any ol' thing that FITS your narrative.
Maybe you are still simply posting 'hunches' which I can accept. Like your, you know what, everyone has one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity
noclevername
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:09 pm

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby noclevername » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:59 am

I'm pretty sure English isn't Windsportinperu's native language, so I cut him some slack and give some leeway when it comes to his written use of English - as I'm sure he'd give some of us whose native language isn't Spanish if we were to not choose the best words to articulate our thoughts.

You'd think someone who admits to having no full knowledge of Spanish would be more understanding

69roadrunner wrote:
windsportinperu wrote:It is needed full spanish knowledge to understand the next video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAPuhqWtUYI


Then why post it? I, for one, have no full knowledge of Spanish. Besides, this is an English speaking forum. Does me no good.


As far as herd immunity, I don't see anyone putting down the concept in general, just pointing out how the experts are saying that as of now there's no evidence that herd immunity works as a strategy against COVID-19. But don't believe us. We're just repeating what we've read. Investigate for yourself and see what WHO, Mayo Health Clinic, et. al. have to say about herd immunity and COVID-19 in general. Unless you think the scientists are wrong, science is garbage, and the truth lies within the unproven conspiracy theories put forth by QAnon, infowars, other conspiracy theorists, or doctors such as the one who said masks don't work, hydroxychloroquine is a cure, believes doctors make medicine using DNA from aliens, that they're trying to create a vaccine to make you immune from becoming religious, and that sex with "tormenting spirits" is responsible for gynecological problems, miscarriages and impotence - "Many women suffer from astral sex regularly. Astral sex is the ability to project one's spirit man into the victim's body and have intercourse with it." You wouldn't be the first COVID denier to believe in stuff like that. Even American President/COVID denier Trump is "very impressed" with those types of doctors.

It also looks like your projecting onto others your own behaviour as far as responding to things that don't fit a narrative.

People aren't posting "any ol' thing" that fits their narrative when responding to your posts. They're posting links to that lead to facts made by experts/reliable sources. When you don't like what the experts are saying you seem to be the one who posts "any ol thing" that fits your narrative. I say "any ol thing" because it's just repetiously saying some form of hoax/scam/tyranny/over reaction/draconian/Sweden over and over and over again without any supporting evidence to back up any of the ol things.

btw, you never responded to multiple requests from multiple people to explain with any kind of evidence why you said Sweden and Peru are similar. Also haven't explained what possible motive giant international corporations would have to voluntarily slow down the economies of the world and negatively effect their bottom lines for a hoax/scam. None of it makes any sense, the experts dispute everything you say, and you seem to be triggered when anyone questions your nonsense and refutes with it with sourced facts from experts.
billybob72
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:51 am

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby billybob72 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:10 pm

69roadrunner wrote:
billybob72 wrote:
69roadrunner wrote:
windsportinperu wrote:Being postive , the good thing is that Peru has received an unwanted herd immunity , hope this will work properly.

I hope you mis spoke or I mis understood about UNWANTED herd immunity. Herd immunity is what we want and senseless lock downs will prevent that, as is very apparent here in Peru with our immediate draconian lock downs, #5 in the world and #2 in South America in infections, btw.


Herd immunity works if you already have a vaccine in place, says the experts. :lol:

We are not at that stage yet with your wonderful, ground breaking idea. :roll:

OMG! Where did you get your learning? I think I am seeing a pattern with you. If I do not fit your narrative you will just post any ol' thing that fits your narrative.
You are saying, as wind posted, heard immunity IS unwanted? He didn't mis speak? You can read windsports mind as well? jeez. To be clear, a vaccine is NOT necessary for herd immunity.
Here's a ground breaking idea, stop posting any ol' thing that FITS your narrative.
Maybe you are still simply posting 'hunches' which I can accept. Like your, you know what, everyone has one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity


https://www.theherald-news.com/2020/08/ ... e/adrfp51/

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2 ... amage.html

https://www.wtok.com/2020/08/18/who-her ... e-vaccine/

(READ THEM!)

The WHO said it when Boris Johnson was going to roll out your wonderful idea, that Herd Immunity works a lot better when there is a vaccine in place because lots of people will die, which happened anyway because some people will isolate but many others won't, nothing can be done if people don't want to follow the rules, here in China (because I live here...) people self isolated - as in the vast majority, they wore their masks and they followed the rules and in three months it was more or less gone save sporadic localised outbreaks.

I don't know what your argument is apart from you don't have any answers but nor do the Peruvian government, the Swedes had the right answer though most people have criticised it as a massive failure and their tactics will change come their winter because, why? Their herd immunity strategy has been deemed a failure because it doesn't protect the elderly and vulnerable and many of that demographic died in Sweden.

You seem to care about big business and profit margins, however, most people care about their elderly parents and grandma and granddad, so excuse them for putting the people they love over your inane interest of the profit margins of big business. :roll:
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby 69roadrunner » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:01 pm

Maybe I will read them later I have one of yer 'hunches' that you have simply cherry picked.
Do you NOW understand 'herd immunity?' You are welcome for me explaining it to you.
What science do you have that herd immunity does not work for the geezers? Up until today you did not even know what herd immunity was, thanks to me. You are welcome, btw.
You want us to believe anything from a communist is fact? HaHaHa! Don't forget they unleashed it and then lied!
Where does this big business come from? You are a communist? All Americans are capitalist pigs? Bought the commie kool aid?
I'd be willing to bet grandma and grandpa have no problems opening up economies if it meant the grand kids could prosper. Have you talked to any grand parents that think shutting down economies simply to protect them while destroying their grand kids lives? Hmmmm?
Ball is in yer court.
billybob72
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:51 am

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby billybob72 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:14 pm

69roadrunner wrote:Maybe I will read them later


Translation: I won't read them at all because it doesn't align to my uneducated biases.


I have one of yer 'hunches' that you have simply cherry picked.


I am not a doctor or a virologist, I only listen and read what the experts say, they say herd immunity without a vaccine is dangerous
and many people will die - which is what happened. It's not a good idea for it to be an official guideline.

What do you know about this which trumps medical experts in the field?

Do you NOW understand 'herd immunity?' You are welcome for me explaining it to you.
What science do you have that herd immunity does not work for the geezers? Up until today you did not even know what herd immunity was, thanks to me. You are welcome, btw.


:lol:

Well, this is your problem, most of us want the 'geezers' to live because most of us have family and friends who are vulnerable to this pandemic, I know you don't give a poop but you seem to be some mad conspiracy theorist who seems to care more about profit margins of big businesses than people. Thankfully, you don't run squat so your opinion is, like I said before... absolutely worthless. :lol:

You want us to believe anything from a communist is fact? HaHaHa! Don't forget they unleashed it and then lied!


:roll:

The 1980's must have been fun for you.

Where does this big business come from? You are a communist? All Americans are capitalist pigs? Bought the commie kool aid?


Who said 'all Americans are capitalist pigs' I haven't said that.

You're babbling nonsense now. You have made many references to the profit margins of big business in Peru being more important than peoples lives.

I'd be willing to bet grandma and grandpa have no problems opening up economies if it meant the grand kids could prosper.


And off you go again... :roll:

I think Grandma and Granddad want their government to do their best to protect them until a safe vaccine comes out. I think that's what they want more than anything, along with everyone else with half a brain.

Have you talked to any grand parents that think shutting down economies simply to protect them while destroying their grand kids lives? Hmmmm?
Ball is in yer court.


I have actually.

They want the government to protect them, worked in China very very well because people took the threat seriously and did as they were told and it has now gone after three months of the vast majority of people self-isolating, I was one of that number.

Unfortunately in my country and in yours, too many selfish assholes walking around doing what they want and people are still dying after five months of COVID-19 being present amongst the population.

That's the only answer you have and you have nothing else to say on it except to dribble all over these forums with your nonsense. :lol:

And when you gain a backbone from somewhere, you could unblock NoCleverName and respond to his intelligent and well thought out posts. :D
noclevername
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:09 pm

Re: In The Top Ten

Postby noclevername » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:18 pm

Which doctor to believe when it comes to the effectiveness of herd immunity re: COVID? A radiolologist with zero experience or training in infectious disease or epidemiology and who predicted the US death toll from coronavirus would only be around 5,000, or the doctor with over 50 years of experience in working as an epidemiologist, has been the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984, and who's received the Presidential Medal of Freedom along with 20 other awards and honors.

Compare them and make up your own mind, I guess. I'm no expert on the subject, but I'm smart enough to know which of the two I'd put my faith in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Atlas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Fauci

It's not just grandma and grandpa who'd suffer from a herd immunity strategy. A strategy that experts say there's no proof it would work against coronavirus since there are patients who've recovered and contracted COVID-19 a second time. No proof that people who've had COVID-19 build up immunities and if they did for how long they would last. Hard to believe this is what some people believe the answer is.

White House doc's "herd immunity" plan may lead to long-term heart problems for many Americans
Even patients with no coronavirus symptoms may have heart issue months or years later, doctors find


https://www.salon.com/2020/09/02/trump- ... ms/herd-im

Indeed, scientists like Maddox warned against a herd immunity approach like Dr. Atlas proposes.

"It looks like there's long-term lung damage, and this affects various organ systems," Maddox said. "So I think we want to be careful of being too cavalier and saying, 'Oh, throw everybody together and get everybody infected, we'll get enough antibodies circulating to protect everyone,' because I don't think it's that simple."

"I think there may be a fairly large number of people who would have long-term health problems, if we adopted that strategy," Maddox added.


‘That’s certainly not my approach’: Fauci rejects pursuing herd immunity

https://www.politico.com/states/new-yor ... ty-1314861

“The fundamental strategy that we clearly articulate and go by through the [White House coronavirus] task force is to try to prevent as many infections as you possibly can prevent.”

“We certainly are not wanting to wait back and just let people get infected so that you can develop herd immunity. That's certainly not my approach,” he said.

“It’s certainly not White House coronavirus response coordinator Dr. [Deborah] Birx’s approach or any of the other people that I know of on that task force.”

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register