Flight arrives after toque de queda

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
jackielu
Silver Member
Silver Member

Flight arrives after toque de queda

Postby jackielu » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:33 am

Does anyone know what a passenger is to do if their flight arrives after the toque de queda. We are expats living in Lima and our daughter is coming next week to visit. Her flight arrives at 11:00 pm. My husband went to the comiseria here in our district to get a permit to go pick her up and was told that they do not issue permits for this type of situation. Her options it seems is to stay in a hotel or camp out at the airport. Does anyone know if the airport allows passengers to hang out inside the airport or if the food court upstairs is open? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

noclevername
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Flight arrives after toque de queda

Postby noclevername » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:51 pm

My brother in law arrived a few weeks ago from another country. He arrived in Lima at the same time as your daughter will and caught his connecting flight the next day after spending the night in the airport.
gerard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gerard » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:38 pm

Authorised taxis can operate - there are several desks in the airport that take on the spot bookings, although I imagine they may be pretty busy due to the limited options and numbers of passengers.

I've seen people recommend a company called Gringo Taxis on the Life in Peru - Expat Support Facebook page but have never used them myself.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LivinginLimaExpatSupport/permalink/2762498927139061

Might be worth checking with them and arranging a collection if possible.
jackielu
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby jackielu » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:13 pm

noclevername wrote:My brother in law arrived a few weeks ago from another country. He arrived in Lima at the same time as your daughter will and caught his connecting flight the next day after spending the night in the airport.

Do you know if he had to leave the international arrival area and then show his ticket for his connecting flight in order to get back into the airport? My fear is that passengers leaving the international arrival area will be forced out of the airport and not be able to just go directly up the escalators to the food court. Getting information from the airport itself is just about impossible.
alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby alan » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:07 pm

gerard wrote:Authorised taxis can operate - there are several desks in the airport that take on the spot bookings, although I imagine they may be pretty busy due to the limited options and numbers of passengers.

I've seen people recommend a company called Gringo Taxis on the Life in Peru - Expat Support Facebook page but have never used them myself.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LivinginLimaExpatSupport/permalink/2762498927139061

Might be worth checking with them and arranging a collection if possible.

I have a relative who arrived last week at 2:00am. He had no trouble getting an authorized taxi, as mentioned by Gerard.
noclevername
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby noclevername » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:23 pm

jackielu wrote:
noclevername wrote:My brother in law arrived a few weeks ago from another country. He arrived in Lima at the same time as your daughter will and caught his connecting flight the next day after spending the night in the airport.

Do you know if he had to leave the international arrival area and then show his ticket for his connecting flight in order to get back into the airport? My fear is that passengers leaving the international arrival area will be forced out of the airport and not be able to just go directly up the escalators to the food court. Getting information from the airport itself is just about impossible.

I'm sorry, I don't know for sure. When I was around I didn't hear him mention anything like that. I'm guessing if he had such a situation he would've mentioned it when I asked how his trip was.

However, it sounds like from what others are posting that taking a taxi would seem the best option for your daughter.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register