Cupcakes in Lima?

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
time2heal
Silver Member
Silver Member

Cupcakes in Lima?

Postby time2heal » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I need your help! I'm planning on traveling to Lima to celebrate my B-day with a 70's theme. But instead of the regular B-day cake I'd like to have bright-yellow smily face cupcakes for my guests. I've been looking at some of the pastelerias on-line and can't find any cupcakes. Do you know where I can have these made? Any info will be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

Miss Cupcakes

Postby Miss Cupcakes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:16 am

Hi! we have all kinds of cupcakes! Are you looking just for smiley faces??? o something else? You should check out our website! www.misscupcakesperu.com We hope you can find there anything you need!

Miss Cupcakes
Mommyof2Angels
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Mommyof2Angels » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:17 am

miss cupcakes...i went to your website, and all i can say is WOW. how delicious these look. my question is this...do you make cupcake cakes for a child? my son is turning 2 in sept, and i would love to consider something like this for his party. my other son turns 1 in november, so a backup to his cake is also something to think about.

are you peruvuian? did you study in the usa? where do you get the ingredients from?

something like this----

http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:Es_ ... pcakes.jpg

OR

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:D8w ... cakes1.jpg

and if so, how much for say 100 cupcakes?[/url]
time2heal
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby time2heal » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:30 pm

RED VELVET CUPCAKES!

Miss Cupcakes, I am very impressed!

Thank you for the info...I'll check you out when in Lima! :D
Miss Cupcakes

Postby Miss Cupcakes » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:14 pm

Mommyof2angels,
sorry that it took me so long to get back to you! here are the answers to some of your questions:
We do make cupcakes for children, but we just decorate them with different colors of sprinkles and frosting. We have different kinds of cupcake liners (Cars, Dora the explorer, Spiderman, The Little Mermaid, etc).
The first picture shows a pull apart cake, we don´t do those yet. Right now we are just making really delicious and simple cupcakes.

I´m peruvian and since we don´t have these AMAZING treats in Peru I decided to start my own business!
I took a class at the Viking School in Salt lake City a month ago. I buy most of my supplies here, but some of them are from the States (Graham Crackers, cupcake pans, cupcake liners, pastry bags, etc.).
We don´t have a store yet but you can visit us at El Rastrillo (www.elrastrillo.pe). It´s like a farmers market, it starts on Sept. 2nd and lasts a week. Hope to se you there!

Paloma

Ps. Time2heal I´m working on the Red Velvet recipe!
cajun jamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby cajun jamie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:16 pm

Hey, this is great! For my son's 8th birthday, instead of a cake, we just got a bunch of cupcakes and the kids loved it.

Much success!
Friends don't let friends fly LAN. Support StarPeru!

I am a proud supporter of Pukana Surf School. Miraflores, Playa Makaha - Yellow tent. http://www.pukanasurferschool.com/
american_in_lima
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby american_in_lima » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:56 pm

There is a lady in Surco who is a trained chef at The Cordon Blue.

She makes all sorts of pastries, cakes, bagels, muffins, cupcakes.

She has done pastry on special order for the US Embassy when they have events

I have bought crossaints, bagels and muffins from her before and they have been excellent. Her pastries get sold at the airport in fact. Very Very good.

Carrot cake (North American Carrot Cake).

She delivers as well.

Email: [email protected]

Her name is Maria. She is also on Facebook.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register