conversions

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
Mommyof2Angels
Gold Member
Gold Member

conversions

Postby Mommyof2Angels » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:50 am

how do i convert things here? i have, in front of me, a bag of metro brand coffee. it states on the bag -PESO NETO 190 GR-
i am looking at the info n the back, and it says ENERGIA 449,32 kCAL%
PROTEINA-14.20% CARBOHIDRATOS 65.01% GRASA 14.72%.

i know what the words mean, obviously, but how in the world is this converted to graams like in the states??

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE CONVERSION FOR THE CARBS (like we use in the usa) so i can decide whether or not to have my morning cup of coffee or just stick to tea?

Theres really NO carbs in coffee in the usa, but seeing such an odd percentage on the bag here is scary! i am thinking that it has to do with the percentage out of the 190 grams, and i know that every label-if i am lucky enough to even FIND a product with a nutritional label here in per-iss labeled the same, and its frustrating!
grr..lol. please someone help me out with the carb conversion so i can get some caffiene and wake the heck up!! :D

Mommyof2Angels
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Mommyof2Angels » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:27 am

wow, 20 hits to my post, and no responses. its been 45 minutes, so sadly i must make some tea :cry: feel free to respond, though as i will be in the same situation tomorrow!!
naturegirl

Postby naturegirl » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:42 am

Don't know the exact formula, but there are heaps of internet sites that can help you with conversions if you type in for example, grams, or RDA
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:44 am

Rather impatient this morning!

Coffee is actually very high in carbs as are most beans it is just that it is mixed with water in low quantities. For the most part you shouldn't worry too much about the calories or carbs in coffee unless you are eating it or adding sugar and/or milk. Another way to look at it is how many servings does your bag have? ie, spoonfulls. maybe 50? So each time you add a spoonful you are getting 9 calories.

http://calorielab.com/foods/coffee/coff ... 31/14203/1

As for the %'s, I believe those are the % of calories that each of those groups make up. 14% of the calories are protein, etc.
mammalu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammalu » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:36 pm

sbaustin wrote:Rather impatient this morning!

Kim needed her caffeine fix this morning! :lol: :lol:
Stand with anybody that stands RIGHT. Stand with him while he is right and PART with him when he goes wrong." ! Abraham Lincoln
naturegirl

Postby naturegirl » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:09 am

I rarely measure things. Just guesstimate. That's what the best chefs do!
Mommyof2Angels
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Mommyof2Angels » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:32 am

mamma---jajaja! YES! i was in dire need yesterday....after i read SB´s post, i just figured what the heck, ill just drink it!

sharon---cant guesstimate. im eating/drinking low carb only items. :)

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register