Organizing a wedding in Peru

If you have read an article on Expat Peru and have something to add that would help others, this is the place! We appreciate your help.
ExpatPeruMods
Gold Member
Gold Member

Organizing a wedding in Peru

Postby ExpatPeruMods » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:12 pm

Have you planned a wedding here? What would you recommend to others in the same situation. Also, check our article:"Wedding in Peru"

captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Organizing a wedding in Peru

Postby captcosmic » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:42 am

I remember when we got married in Peru, I asked me wife about the day of the week. She said only Saturdays. I asked why not Friday? She said because everyone works 6 days a week. And if you plan a party any other day no one will come because work comes first. We also had a civil wedding. The guy who officiated wanted to leave because my wife was a little late (!) getting downstairs. I had to give him something extra to stay because he threatened to walk out! All in all a good time was had by all, and my wife enjoyed the Hora Loca!
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:49 am

captcosmic wrote:I remember when we got married in Peru, I asked me wife about the day of the week. She said only Saturdays. I asked why not Friday? She said because everyone works 6 days a week. And if you plan a party any other day no one will come because work comes first. We also had a civil wedding. The guy who officiated wanted to leave because my wife was a little late (!) getting downstairs. I had to give him something extra to stay because he threatened to walk out! All in all a good time was had by all, and my wife enjoyed the Hora Loca!

Mine was on a Friday with no, no shows using such an excuse. Good time had by all!!!
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:57 am

I think it might be a family thing with my in-laws. They all own textiles businesses and work pretty much 24/7. :) :) We have never met up unless it was a Saturday evening with a few exceptions for lunch!
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:10 pm

Oh, ok. I thought your wife said "everyone works 6 days a week. And if you plan a party any other day (than Saturday) no one will come".
Got it!!!!
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Formidable 1 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:17 pm

Seems like some fuzzy math to me.
24/7 doesn't equal 6 days a week.

Return to “Our Articles : Your Suggestions / Updates (WIKI)”

Login  •  Register