Peru 2008 but which options....

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
johnstar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Peru 2008 but which options....

Postby johnstar » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:32 pm

Hi everyone,

Im going to travel to Peru from March until September 2008 but have quite a lot of planning to do as im seeking advice on the cheapest flights, best hotels, best places to visit, car hire and most importantly of all, will i need a visa?

Im a 26 year old British guy and ive travelled to Peru for 3 weeks in 2006 and back then it was ok to stay for up to 3 months and im sure i would need to at least visit the embassy once to renew my papers, or is it now legal to stay 6 months as a tourist in one go?

I will be living with my Peruvian novia in Barranco and ive heard that this is quite a safe and lively environment, can anyone comment on this? im sure it will be fantastic but i plan to hire a car if possible so the safer the area the better.

As for the best flights ive seen prices around 800-900 pounds and wondered if anyone decided to become a member of an airline to reduce the overall flight cost (with discount) or whether its better just to book a return flight outright.

As i live in UK i realise i will have to fly from Amsterdam, Madrid or Barcelona which is fine but the prices seem a little steep to me.

Overall its a very exciting time, i cant wait to taste the great foods like Anticuchos and visit so many new places with my girl and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

John )

Seize the moment and grab the opportunity!
David

Re: Peru 2008 but which options....

Postby David » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:26 pm

johnstar wrote:Hi everyone,

Im going to travel to Peru from March until September 2008 but have quite a lot of planning to do as im seeking advice on the cheapest flights, best hotels, best places to visit, car hire and most importantly of all, will i need a visa?

Im a 26 year old British guy and ive travelled to Peru for 3 weeks in 2006 and back then it was ok to stay for up to 3 months and im sure i would need to at least visit the embassy once to renew my papers, or is it now legal to stay 6 months as a tourist in one go?

I will be living with my Peruvian novia in Barranco and ive heard that this is quite a safe and lively environment, can anyone comment on this? im sure it will be fantastic but i plan to hire a car if possible so the safer the area the better.

As for the best flights ive seen prices around 800-900 pounds and wondered if anyone decided to become a member of an airline to reduce the overall flight cost (with discount) or whether its better just to book a return flight outright.

As i live in UK i realise i will have to fly from Amsterdam, Madrid or Barcelona which is fine but the prices seem a little steep to me.

Overall its a very exciting time, i cant wait to taste the great foods like Anticuchos and visit so many new places with my girl and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

John )

John, the 3 month rule still applies, you can extend for 3 additional months if you like. There may be some minor complications involved but it is pretty basic.

I don't think the area you hire a car from will make the difference as much as you getting a driver from a recommendation.

I can't comment on prices from or around England but you may look into coming to the U.S. and staying for a couple of days layover, and then down to Lima. It may save you some money. John, the 3 month rule still applies, you can extend for 3 additional months if you like. There may be some minor complications involved but it is pretty basic.

I don't think the area you hire a car from will make the difference as much as you getting a driver from a recommendation.
johnstar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby johnstar » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:35 am

Thanks David,

My preference is to stay for six months and ive heard that its around 20 dollars per month to stay for that time so i will keep 60 dollars aside to cover those fees.

I will keep researching into the highlights of Lima and Barranco and any useful info i find out i will post later on.

Gracias )
Seize the moment and grab the opportunity!

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register