Will pay to bring our pet Lola from Lima to Florida

Employers: Place your job description and contact details here.
Forum rules
Please do not post your services here - This forum is for job offers and searches.
jvimage
Gold Member
Gold Member

Will pay to bring our pet Lola from Lima to Florida

Postby jvimage » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi, I am bumping/re-posting this fresh because we have not been able to get our pet to fly with someone going to Florida in an airline that allows pets to be checked in as luggage. Read below.

Thanks to all the people who responded but for one or another reason were unable to carry-out the task.

Expat friends in Peru (or friends of friends) flying from Lima to Florida (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/Orlando/Tampa/Jax/Tallahassee), in the near future.

We need our dog Lola to rejoin our family in Gainesville, Florida. We need someone to fly with her as checked baggage in her kennel. Will pay you $200 cash (aside from Lola's fare, of course).

We will meet you at the airport of destination.

We returned back to the US early June without Lola because we were living in a temp rental place that did not accept pets, until we could find a permanent housing situation, which we now have.

Lola is 7 years old and has mild hip dysplasia, making her a poor candidate to travel as cargo in a commercial airline since Peru requires a 24-48 hour quarantine before she leaves, and possibly another 24 hours upon arrival in Florida, when flying as cargo.

She would be able to travel and avoid the quarantines as accompanied checked-in luggage, but the person who promised would bring her changed her mind and won't do it anymore. Airlines that accept pets as checked in luggage are, American, Delta, United, Lan, Copa.

She is a total sweetheart of a loving Lad, has all her shots and paperwork and ready to travel with her kennel, food and water bowl. Need a 3-5 day notice to get her pre-paid ticket a heartworm booster shot at the Vet.

She is staying with a close friend of ours in the meantime.

Thanks!!
Attachments
Lola.jpg
Lola
Lola.jpg (78.12 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
Lola and Sam 2.JPG
Summer of 2009
Lola and Sam 2.JPG (75.25 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
Last edited by jvimage on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

be as you are
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Will pay to bring our pet Lola from Lima to Florida

Postby argidd » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:31 am

Hi JV

If you have no luck with finding someone to take Lola back to the states, you could try a pet shipper. They will help you int he best way possible. I have been in touch with Dr. Melisa Grisolle, she owns "Petwings" https://www.facebook.com/petwingsperu?fref=ts she has handled situations like yours, and I am sure will be able to guide you; whether Lola travels with someone, or you finally have to fly her cargo.

For example, we are planning a move to the US and Dr. Grisolle has provided advice (we will be travelling with our cats too) and provides the service of writing all documentation in English, making sure all certificates are acceptable and in the format requested by the US. She can also accompany the person taking your pet, for an extra fee.

Good luck, and I hope Lola gets back home safely!
Regards,

Argidd
monicald

Postby monicald » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:21 pm

Hi JV,

I will be traveling from Lima to Miami in late October. Please let me know if you are still looking for someone to fly Lola home.

Best,
Monica
yooalia

Postby yooalia » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Hello,

I took my dog from NY to Lima using United airlines Pet safe program. You can ship her with out being on the flight. I am not sure from Lima to the states but Check it out
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content ... tsafe.aspx

I am flying back to Ny if that is any help let me know.

:)
Ali
nolenjj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby nolenjj » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:13 pm

That sure is a big dog kennel for a carry on. This message has a few red flags in it. Just saying...
jvimage
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jvimage » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:40 pm

yooalia wrote:Hello,

I took my dog from NY to Lima using United airlines Pet safe program. You can ship her with out being on the flight. I am not sure from Lima to the states but Check it out
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content ... tsafe.aspx

I am flying back to Ny if that is any help let me know.

:)
Ali

Thanks, good advice. Sorry I didn't see your message earlier. For some reason my expat messages are not forwarding to email...

I'll check the United link to see about their program.
be as you are
jvimage
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jvimage » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:42 pm

monicald wrote:Hi JV,

I will be traveling from Lima to Miami in late October. Please let me know if you are still looking for someone to fly Lola home.

Best,
Monica

HI Monica, when in October are you flying?
be as you are
jvimage
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby jvimage » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:12 pm

nolenjj wrote:That sure is a big dog kennel for a carry on. This message has a few red flags in it. Just saying...

Yep, Nolenj.

She certainly cannot fly in-cabin as carry-on. That's the whole reason for this post. To see if someone who is flying to Florida with either, United, American, US Air, Lan, etc. (not Jet Blue, Spirit) and is willing to fly with her as checked luggage, for which we will pay fo, plus a fee to the person doing it.
We have a friend in Lima who is watching over her until we do so, and will handle the health paperwork required for Lola's entry into the US.

Thanks for your concern anyway...

Last bumped by jvimage on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:12 pm.
be as you are

Return to “Jobs in Peru”

Login  •  Register