Getting a Duplicate Carné de Extranjería


By RGB Avocats – Corporate Lawyers in Peru

This text has been updated by RGB AVOCATS on March 29th 2019.  RGB AVOCATS is a law firm specialized in Foreign Investment and Immigration Law.

Plenty of foreigners living in Peru, with a Carné de Extranjería (“CE”), eventually find the need to get a duplicate.  There are a couple reasons why you might need to get a new CE; yours may have been lost or stolen, or you may have had for longer than five (05) years.  If this is the case, then it is necessary to renew your CE.

The process of getting a duplicate Carné de Extranjería is quite simple, although it can be tedious.  If your CE is lost or stolen, you’ll either have to sign an affidavit or make a police report before going to the National Superintendence of Immigration (“MIGRACIONES”). To get a copy of the police report, it’s necessary to pay S/ 7.60 to the Peruvian National Bank (“Banco de la Nación”) and return with that receipt, so this can be a two-day process.

  1. Form F-007A – you can print out a free copy here or get one for free from the information desk on the first floor at MIGRACIONES.
  2. You’ll need to take the form to the Banco de la Nación and pay an administrative fee of S/ 49.00.
  3. In the case of a lost or stolen CE, you’ll need to have a copy of the before mentioned police report or an affidavit.

After turning in this paperwork, you’ll go back in two days.  When you return, they’ll take a new picture and fingerprints.  Once that’s done, you’ll have your new carné within about an hour, and you’ll be ready to go.

By the Immigration Department for Foreign Residents at RGB Avocats © – Peruvian Attorneys-at-Law

RGB Avocats

Disclaimer: The information on this page is provided for general informational purposes only, and may not reflect the current law in Peru. It is not intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter.